on my netflix homescreen

stasia

stasia

  it was officially the first weekend in a while where nick and i didn't have anything planned. he was currently passed out on one side of my bed as i was wide awake on the other. i had the idea to send a text to alyssa; who i haven't spoken to in a while.

  hey, are you awake? was all i said for right now. it was six in the morning, ten at night her time, and i usually had some time to spare at this time before nick got up to do whatever. now was about the time i would either watch home improvement, stranger things or whatever movie was screaming my name that day, while i cleaned the place up.

lyss <3
just got home from work, what's up?

i kinda wanted to talk to you for a bit, it's been a while.
are you in a rush?

lyss <3
nope, call me baby!

  i quietly and carefully crawled out of bed so i wouldn't wake nick up, and shut the door behind me. i went down the stairs and sat at the kitchen table and hit the call button. as it rang, i turn the volume down a notch so it wasn't too loud.

  "hiii!" her voice comes through the phone; she sounds half asleep. "hi lyss, how've you been?" i say as i smile. "not too bad, how've you been?" she asks. "eh, busy haha. finally the weekend though." i say. "yeah, i get some time off this coming up week so i'm about to rest up and eat the equivalence of my body weight and feel not one ounce of guilt." she says and i laugh a little. "that's the attitude, i love it." i say and she joins in on the laugh. that's when i got an idea.

  "wait, how long do you have off by chance?" i ask her and she thinks for a second. "ummm, a week. exactly a week. except i get the weekends off, that was just a shift cover i did today." she says. "so you get a good bit of time off?" i say. "yep, i have a nail appointment on tuesday, dentist appointment on wednesday and a doctors appointment on friday and they are all inconvenient times so..." she explains. "is that doctors and dentist appointment available to be rescheduled?" i ask. "uh, yeah. why?" she asks, skeptical.

  "well, how about you come get yours nails done in london and come spend some time with nick and i?" i say with a smile. "with nick and i? are you guys officially together!?" she says pretty loudly. "yeah, i guess so. i was gonna wait until i seen you to tell you." i say. "you little shit." she snickers.

  "so, how does it sound?" i ask her. "stasia, i don't have that kind of money for a plane ticket right now. plus, are there any plane tickets even available to leave that soon?" she says. "alyssa, come on. i'd pay for it of course, silly. and im looking right now. how does eleven at night your time sound?" i ask. "y-yeah. are you sure though?" she stutters. "come on alyssa, this is so worth it!" i say excitedly.

  "as long as it's okay with you and nick, then go ahead i guess." she says. "here, i'll go ask nick just for you." i say and make my way up the stairs. "are the nail salons good there? oh my god, what if austin butler is there and i see him!" she rants. "honey, you're about to meet so many amazing people, austin should be the last on your list." i say and we laugh. "okay, im going in the room. he's sleeping so be quiet for just a second." i say and she says okay.