welcome to louisiana

stasia

stasia

today was the day that i head to louisiana. i load up my suitcase and my carry-on bag into a taxi and made my way to the airport. "airport, huh? where ya headed?" the taxi driver asked. "baton rouge." i reply. i had my headphones in and wasn't expecting anyone to talk to me. "nice, nice. vacation?" he asks again. "no, i'm headed down to visit my boyfriend before i head even further out of town for work." i say. "sweeeet." he says.

i put my headphones back in and look out of the window. i decided to text nick and try to come up with an excuse why i wouldn't be answering the phone for a bit since i'll be on the plane.

hey, im going into a really important meeting
soon so if im not answering your messages
or phone calls please don't be worried

i texted him just that and hoped to get a response in time. he was probably getting fitted for the day at this point so i'm sure he'd check his phone one more time before shooting; just like he used to. i do the final checks of everything being in my purse, such as my wallet, my physical copy of my plane ticket, a portable charger, and my keys i needed to keep ahold of. just then, i got a text back.

okay! text me when you're done!

i hearted the message and then realized we were almost to the airport. "you've been a lovely passenger, i hope you have a lovely day and you have a good time with your boyfriend." the taxi driver turns and says as i fish out the cash from my wallet that i need to pay him. i realize i only have twenties... karma, you're my best friend. you better work. "thank you for getting me here!" i say and flip him the money. "i have change!" he offers. "nope! you're all good." i say. "thanks ma'am! have a great flight! wait..." he says as he jumps out of the drivers seat of the taxi and pops the trunk. he grabs my suitcase for me and sets it down.

"thank you." i say and he nods. "have a great day." he says and gets back into the taxi. i make sure i have all my things and then i walk off into the airport. here we go!

WELCOME TO LOUISIANA!

i stayed in touch with rachel after i landed. i was now in an uber and on my way to a recommended coffee shop to pick coffee up for everyone. my plan was to simply show up with coffee and see how long it takes for him to notice and if everyone is in their trailers, i will just go to his last.

  "excuse me, um, is it possible for you to stop at the coffee shop right before the destination? i have a pick-up order there. if not, it's totally okay!" i ask the uber driver. "it's gonna cost you extra," he starts. "i'm kidding. of course we can, i'll park while you run in." he says. looks like i'll have to tip extra again.

  once i pick up the coffee, i set one tray on the seats next to me and hold the one in my lap with my hand on top of the cups. "so, what's got you ordering so many drinks with bags behind you?" the driver asks. "i'm visiting my boyfriend here but he's at work so i'm kinda surprising him and his co-workers with some coffee. it's kind of a long story." i say with a small laugh. "got it." he says and laughs too.