Chapter Five: Tadashi-san

"Aw, gomen'nasai, (Y/N)-chan," Emil said as everyone cheered and clapped. Well, except for you, of course. "I guess we can't cosplay together after all."

"Shut up," you muttered.

Allen looked over. "Bruh, she's crying."

You glared at him. "No, I'm not." You turned to the stage. What's a mini healthcare companion, anyway? It sounds lame. What does it do, chuck Band-Aids everywhere?

"No, it doesn't." You looked over scornfully to see a boy frowning at you. Then you realized you said your thoughts aloud. The boy had straight black hair, and his dark eyes were narrowed at your rude words. He had brown pants and a green T-shirt that slightly rippled in the air as he brushed past you and went up to the stage.

"So he's this Tadashi something-or-other," you harrumphed.

Allen blinked. "Are you guys, like, competition now?"

You scoffed. "No. I'm not idiotic enough to make a healthcare companion that's equally idiotic."

"(Y/N), that's mean," a girl whispered beside you.

Your mouth twitched as it curved into a sarcastic grin. "I'm not insulting him, I'm describing him."

"You barely know this dude," Allen said. "Why are you so quick to judge? Maybe he's really nice."

"Maybe he watches Shingeki no Kyojin. Or even Fairy Tail!" Emil bubbled.

You glanced at him. "Emil, that has nothing to do with the conversation we're having."

"Well, you're just being a gesu yarō to Tadashi-san!" Emil snapped.

You huffed. "Stop with the Japanese honorifics already. It's driving me insane, you friggin' weeaboo."

"Ofufakku, anata makezugirai!" Emil shot back. You were pretty sure there was a curse word in there somewhere.

"Look, there's always next year, dudette," Allen said.

"Stop calling me that." You watched the teacher give the prize to Tadoozy Hamooda or something like that.

"What, dudette?" Allen raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong with dudette?" Allen protested.

"It sounds idiotic," you replied flatly.

"Everything sounds idiotic to you."

"Yeah, well, everything sounds erotic to you," you deadpanned.

Emil covered his mouth with his hand. "Oh, snap."

Allen rolled his eyes. "Lemme guess, you're going to stalk this guy then find his healthcare companion and either screw up the machine or kidnap it to find all of its secrets."

"Allen, you know me so well."

* * *

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan, go apologize to Tadashi-san. He probably feels hurt," Emil suggested as you took down your display. He was sitting on the bare display table beside yours.

"Why? He probably feels really glad he won and not a tsundere like me." You were pretty sure you butchered that Japanese accent, but you didn't care. You were feeling pretty frustrated.

Emil was silent for a couple of moments as he watched you whisk the (F/C) tablecloth off the table with more force than necessary. "I'll come with you."

"No, you're just offering to make sure I don't punch Todozy in the face," you said sourly.

"It's Tadashi," Emil corrected. "You're such a sore loser."

You ignored him.

Emil cocked his head as you folded up your sign. He shifted on the table. "You know, you don't have good sportsmanship."

You still stayed silent.

Emil blinked. "Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry, (Y/N)-chan. I was just saying."

You turned around, picking up your box that was stuffed with materials. "Whatever." You were about to walk away when Emil suddenly reached out and pinched your left cheek. "What the h-"

"You should brighten up more," Emil said cheerfully, refusing to let go of your face. "I like it when your face is happy."

You pushed his hand away. "Don't touch me." You walked away.

Emil hurried to catch up. "But-" Once he reached your side, you were at the door. You reached for the doorknob, but it swung open to reveal Tadashi and some other little kid.

Your face immediately hardened, and your grip on the box tightened.

"Hey, this is your chance to apologize!" Emil said.

"Shut up, Emil."

But Tadashi didn't give you a chance to apologize. He just stepped to the side and continued walking, dragging the kid along with him.

"Aw, I guess he's a sore winner then," Emil said. "That's too bad."

You headed out of the gym. The chilly night air left you shivering. "It's late. I should go home."

"All by yourself?" Emil asked.

You gave him a look. "Well, it's not like I have friends."

"I was talking about your parents."

"They're not home," you replied, walking across the soccer field to the sidewalk.

"But then you're going to be alone." Emil ran after you. "No one should be alone."

* * *

Emil you little cutie pie

I made a Tumblr: greenblueandblack.tumblr.com and I'm quite lost.

~Clover