Chapter Twenty-One: Baymax Encounter

"This is insane," Hiro said. He had been complaining the entire time you followed (O/Y/N) to their hotel room. "How are we going to do this?"

"Well, we're obviously not going to go right away," (O/Y/N) said. She gestured to a red box in the corner. "That's Baymax."

"That's Baymax? He's a box. Doesn't look very doctor-ish to me." You snickered mentally. (O/Y/N) smiled, then punched you in the shoulder. "Ow! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. You didn't have to-"

An inflating noise cut you off. "Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion," a robotic voice intoned.

You almost shrieked, but swallowed it back. "U-um. . . "

"I heard a sound of distress. What seems to be the trouble?" Baymax said. He was this big, squishy white robot. Like pillows lumped together to make a marshmallow-looking thing.

The pain was fading, so you just shrugged. "Okay, I'm not the world's smartest person, but I have a good idea on what's happening-"

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?" Baymax interrupted.

"I-I'm fine, Baymax." Awkwardly, you shuffled away. After all, you weren't the most comfortable with robots.

"She's satisfied with your care," Hiro corrected, throwing himself onto the couch. Baymax, understood, then waddled back to his box and shrunk so he folded into it neatly.

"Neat, huh?" (O/Y/N) asked you. You just nodded, and sat down on a chair. Reaching for the free yellow legal-pad paper on the desk, you grabbed a black pen and started scribbling stuff down.

Hiro and (O/Y/N) looked at each other, then back at you. "What are you writing?" Hiro asked, peering over your shoulder.

You didn't reply, just continued to write. Your hand started to cramp after a minute, so you decided to read what you had so far. "Okay, here's what I think.

"Callaghan started working in the Elite Bot Builder team when he first started. And you know, that's not going to provide enough money, since it's not like everyone needs a robot every day. He probably gets like a hundred a week, plus he needs to buy materials. It's not enough to support him and his daughter. So he started working at SFIT.

"Your dad," you said, looking at (O/Y/N), "must have done something, like reject him when he asked for money. Callaghan must have gotten angry, I guess. Maybe he threatened him or something, making your dad go to the East Coast and hire Mitsuo to help him.

"You know why he married Michiko? Not only because he loved her, but he wanted to take this new family and move to a place near Mitsuo so you would be protected. And be as far away from Callaghan as possible."

(O/Y/N) was stunned. "Wow," Hiro said, whistling.

"What about my mom? Did Callaghan really. . .?" she asked hesitantly.

"I don't know." You let out a frustrated sigh. "But this isn't 100% accurate. Very likely, but there's a chance it's not true." You set the pen down on the desk. "I guess I do have to see Hoshi. I need to ask her husband about some timeline stuff."

(O/Y/N) and Hiro stared as you got up and grinned at them. "We'll leave for the island in two days, is that okay?"

"But you have work and school-" (O/Y/N) started.

"I'll have to quit," you decided. (O/Y/N) gasped.

"Why would you want to do that?" she demanded.

"Tadashi matters a lot to me. He's a precious friend, and I'm not going to give up the chance of seeing him again. Let's pack."

Hiro was already picking through the suitcases. "I'm psyched!" He threw stuff into the white carpet, looking for fresh clothing to bring.

(O/Y/N) sighed. "Alright. See you in two days, (Y/N). Seven o' clock?"

"Alright," you agreed, then left the room. This new found information was seriously confusing you. If I ever find Callaghan, I'll be sure to ask him everything.

* * *