Chapter Fourteen: Make a Move

Sometimes you wished your parents stayed home more.

But they usually went off on trips or something like that, leaving you alone. But, hey, at least you had the Wi-Fi all to yourself.

The Wi-Fi's not important right now, you thought, pacing around your room. You could just imagine Callaghan placing a freaky robot with lifeless, glassy eyes that seemed to pierce your soul or something on your doorstep. The thought made you want to scream.

In this situation, what would be the best place to hide? You considered going to Tadashi's place and camping out there, but you barely knew him and that would be awkward. Plus, he would kick you out since you were invading his privacy.

I could go to Allen's. Nah, he'll draw inappropriate things on my face at night. Seriously. . . he didn't have to do it on a school night. You plopped down on your bed, deep in thought. Emil might work. He won't mind, right?

It was decided. You picked up your phone and called him.

"(Y/N)-chan!" Emil's perky voice sang.

"Uh, hi," you replied. "Are you busy?"

"No~" was his cheery reply.

"Alright, cool. You don't mind if I stay at your place, right? You know, for the night?" Now please tell me I can come over and hide.

"No, I don't mind! You might mind my night habits, though." Emil sounded embarrassed.

You sighed. "What do you mean by that?" you asked, grabbing your stuff and heading out. Right now, I don't care about anything.

Emil coughed. "Uh. . . when I pretend to be asleep until Koyuki goes to bed, and then I make myself ramen and watch anime."

"You know, that doesn't even matter. I'm coming."

"Okay! Mata ne, (Y/N)-chan!"

* * *

"Why do you need to hide, (Y/N)-chan?" Emil asked after you gave him a rushed explanation.

You glanced nervously over your shoulder back at the curb. Who knows, maybe that terrible excuse for a vehicle was parked behind you. "I- I don't know. I guess I don't like being alone."

"It could be anyone, (Y/N)-chan."

"I know!" You hugged yourself, feeling humiliated. You hated yourself for this fear.

"Yoshi, (Y/N)-chan. Come in."

A few minutes later, you stared at Emil's room with a deadpanned expression. "Uh. . . " The bag slipped from your fingers and landed on the floor.

"Oh, yeah! You haven't been to my room yet!" Emil threw himself onto his bed, which was covered in a yellow blanket. Pikachu's back was printed on it.

You felt like you just walked into Pikachu land. Almost everything was Pika. Stuffed Pikachus were everywhere. "Wow, the weeb vibes are strong with this one."

"I don't only have Pikachu stuff! I have other merchandise!" Emil protested. "Anyway, you can set up your stuff or whatever. I have a partner coming over to work on a project, so you can help us, if you want. Or you can just go on my laptop."

"I'd rather not." You wanted to take the four-foot-tall Pikachu in the corner and hug it until Callaghan left you alone. And when was that going to be?

The doorbell rang, and Emil excused himself. "If you're lonely, then just come join us! We can have dinner all together! Will that be okay?"

"Sure," you muttered.

* * *

"Emil, I'd like to get back to the project," a voice suddenly said down the hallway.

"Wait, wait, Tadashi-san! I need to find the colored pencils. You might need to help me," Emil said.

Oh, great. His project partner is Tadashi? You dove into the closet. You did not want to see him right now, especially since he refused to help with the situation you were in right now.

The door opened. "(Y/N)-chan?" Emil said.

"(Y/N)'s here?" Tadashi's voice asked.

"Yep! She's staying the night!" Emil said, and you heard him opening the drawers to find his art supplies. "Maybe she's in the bathroom."

Tadashi mumbled something inaudible.

"Well, it might take me a while. You can go back down to continue, okay?" Emil said sheepishly.

"Okay." Tadashi left.

Immediately, the closet door was thrown open, and Emil stared down at you. "(Y/N)-chan, daijobudesuka? What are you doing in there?"

"Sorry," you muttered. "I didn't know Tadashi was your project partner."

"Why are you hiding from him though?"

You sighed and buried your face into what seemed to be a Pikachu onesie, completely embarrassed. "I don't know. . . I asked him from help with the robot thing. . . and he rejected. So it's kind of awkward. I guess he doesn't like me." 

Emil crouched down and smiled softly. "Well, there's no need to be afraid of people!"

"I never said I was afraid of hi-"

"If you keep avoiding people, then neither of you will have a chance to speak to the other," Emil said.

"Well, I did talk to him, and he made it pretty clear he didn't want to help."

Emil ignored you. "And if no one has a chance, then you'll end up as strangers to each other for the rest of your life until someone makes a move. You'll be missing an opportunity-"

Who knew Emil could sound like-

 "-to cosplay and watch anime together and borrow mangas!" 

"Never mind. You're still a weeb." You looked at him with (E/C) eyes. "I appreciate it, Emil, but Tadashi's just not someone who's going to make a move, and neither will I." That sounds like we're couple hahaha no.

* * *

Tadashi walked back up to Emil's room. What was taking him so long? He stood outside of the door and lifted a hand to knock when suddenly he heard (Y/N)'s voice. 

". . . Tadashi's just not someone who's going to make a move, and neither will I," she said, her voice muffled.

What? Tadashi peeked into the room through the ajar door. What the heck is she talking about?  (Y/N) likes me? What? 

* * *

I FEEL BAD FOR NOT UPDATING HAVE A 900-WORD CHAPTER BYE

~Clover

Follow greenblueandblack on Instagram for art and stuff? :D I drew a Human Baymax hahahaha

And my Facebook page is Greenblueandblack. I post previews/sneak peeks at future chapters