Chapter Twenty-Four: Allowed Arrival

The young man in front of you immediately took out an item that glinted in the little light shining. You took a step back. "Whoa, there," you said, holding up your hands. "What is that?"

(O/Y/N) huffed. "Are you serious? Do you not recognize us?"

"I know who you are, (O/Y/N), but the other girl." He pointed to you, and you grinned.

(O/Y/N)'s face lit up with delight. "So you didn't forget! Look, it's Hiro! And guess what? We got engaged! How about you, huh? Did you find someone who can deal with your-"

Mitsuo sniffed. "No, I haven't."

"Laaaaame," (O/Y/N) jeered, poking his shoulder. Hiro made a weird "huehuehue" noise as he prodded his other shoulder.

Mitsuo scowled, then turned to you. "Who are you?" he barked.

"I'm a lizard trapped in a woman's body," you replied.

Mitsuo deadpanned. "Another (O/Y/N). Brilliant." Man, this guy needs to light up.

(O/Y/N) clasped her hands together. "This is (Y/N)! She's investigating something that's very important to all of us and we think you have a good piece of evidence!"

"Why me? What do I do?" Mitsuo muttered as (O/Y/N) dragged him over to you.

"Aaaand this is Mitosis!" (O/Y/N) said brightly. Mitsuo's attendants exchanged looks in the background. (O/Y/N) held him out in front of you. "He fights really well, he's like a ninja! But I guess that's what happens when you live on an island solely based on fighting and there's no Wi-Fi-"

"It's Mitsuo," Mitsuo snapped. "If you wanted to talk, then tell me before hand."

"Are you stupid? I just said there's no Wi-Fi," (O/Y/N) snapped.

"I need to pee," Hiro said. Baymax was silent as he scanned the attendants standing there awkwardly.

Mitsuo ran a hand through his hair. "You know what? Get into the village and sleep. I'll talk in the morning." He put away the weapon and beckoned you to follow.

"I'm a nocturnal lizard," you said. Mitsuo turned on you, eyes flashing. "Never mind."

* * *

"That was a success," you said as you plopped down on the mattress laid out in the one-room building. (O/Y/N) unpacked her things as Baymax went back to his box. Hiro went straight to the bathroom.

"Yeah, but he's still mean," (O/Y/N) complained.

"I'm glad he's nice enough to give us a room and not throw us out." You turned to (O/Y/N). "How did you meet him, anyway?"

(O/Y/N) grinned and threw himself onto the pillows. "Man, that brings back memories. He was a total jerk when I met him. When he attempted to be nice, he just made things totally awkward and stupid. Want to hear a secret? He stripped himself in the middle of the park and jumped into a pond full of duck poo-"

You made a face. "Okay, never mind."

(O/Y/N) hugged a pillow, her voice turning serious. "If he ever says something mean, know that he doesn't mean any harm. You know, because he was raised without friends and social skills. He probably has more manners now, but just keep in mind that. . . he's afraid of making friends."

You blinked at the statement. "What do they do on this island? Geez."

(O/Y/N) plucked at a loose thread. "I'm pretty sure I told you already. . . He might tell you more." She paused, and a grin spread across her face. "He's a terrible flirt. Since he befriended Katsu when he was undercover, he thought you had to try to pick up as much girls as possible."

"He's probably learned by now," you muttered. "Anyway, try to get some sleep, okay?"
* * *

You yawned as you slid open the door to your little hut. Hiro and (O/Y/N) were still sleeping, but you woke up early after a few hours of light sleep. Now you were starving and you could really go for a (Favorite Breakfast).

You trudged through the small village. A few people were out setting up their shops and such, and the sun was still behind the trees.

Eventually you found an outdoor pavilion-like place with rows and rows of uncovered wooden picnic tables. You quickly located an opened food stand and surveyed the options.

It was full of foods you've never heard of. (Decent Breakfast) or (Other Decent Breakfast)? Pity they don't have (Favorite Breakfast). You gazed at the worn paper. I wonder how they pay for stuff here.

"Wienerbrød, please," a flat voice intoned behind you. You looked over to see Mitsuo staring at the little old lady running the stand. He was wearing a heavy coat and a thick scarf.

"Oh, it's you," you said. Isn't he the leader or something? Shouldn't he be wearing a robe and have someone with him at all times?  "Good morning."

"Good morning," he replied shortly. He turned back to the stand, where the elderly lady was yelling at her son to hurry up and make the pastry already.

A few minutes later, he left for the pavilion and you quickly ordered a (Warm Breakfast) and (Warm Drink), discovering they accepted the currency in your wallet. Hurrying to the uncovered tables, you discovered it was nearly empty and you sat down near the edges.

You haven't even taken one bite until someone slid into the seat right next to you so their shoulder collided with yours. You looked over, a little annoyed that they spilled a bit of your drink. A toothy grin was the response.

A young man with scruffy black hair, resembling Mitsuo just a bit, smirked at you. "Hey, there, I'm Takeshi, what's yo-" He was cut off when the scarf around his neck tightened, and he made a strangled noise as Mitsuo released him.

"Excuse him," Mitsuo said. Takeshi glared at him.

"She was totally falling for me!" Takeshi protested. You sat awkwardly in the background.

"We don't have time for your antics," Mitsuo replied. "Anyways, (Y/N). (O/Y/N) and Hiro are awake. You can tell me why you're here."
* * *