Cracks in The Walls

Scar's Perspective-

I have to be strong.

I have to hold everyone together.

I have to be perfect.

Never crack.

Not for a single thing.

I have to be there for everyone, to listen.

I have to be the funny one.

I have to be good in classes.

So much,

when I'm so little.

Sometimes I think all the scars on me are from all the burdens I carry.

But I know that's not true.

The truth is...

I'm adopted.

My old family abused me and that's why I have scars.

Luckily, the neighbor found out and called the police, so my parents were arrested, and my neighbor adopted me.

But I was seven at that time, and still remember what my parents were like.

So that's why my new mother named me Scar.

I didn't want to keep my old name.

And she's not mean.

She doesn't force me to do anything or expect me to get straight A's, but I expect it out of myself.

And I don't think that'll ever change.

The Next Day-

"Scar, sweetie, what's wrong?" My mother asked, sitting down next to me.

"I...can't keep it in." I said, taking a deep breath, "Everything feels like it's falling apart, and I don't know what to do."

My mother hugged me.

"It's okay, sweetie."

"No, it's not. I have to do all these things; I have to keep helping- "

"You don't have to do any of those things."

I looked up at her, confused.

"You just chose too."

"Why did I choose to?" I asked, "It's nothing but pain."

"Well, I don't think it's all pain, I'm sure you feel happy when you help out your friends and partners."

I blushed and nodded.

"But I still don't understand...why."

My mother hummed.

"Well, I do."

"Really? Then why did I choose to do this?"

"I think it's because you were so abused as a kid. And I think you think the only way to heal that broken heart and past of yours is to make sure that no one else has to experience the same thing you did."

I looked down, concentrating on everything my mother had just said.

"Do you think...I'll ever get over what happened?"

My mother hummed, thinking.

"I'm sure you will, but it requires you to not put so much pressure on yourself and learn to put yourself first."

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me everyone you're helping right now and who's upset."

"Well...Scott's upset and I'm planning on visiting Martyn's parents with him this weekend, Jimmy seems upset because Scott's upset, Grian's dealing with a whole lot and Mumbo thinks that me and Grian are shoving him out of our relationship. Which...makes sense." Scar sighed, "I have been mean to Mumbo recently."