Here & There

Mumbo's Perspective-

Scar and I sat sadly in Pearl's room, waiting for any sign of Grian or Kisha.

Just then, we heard someone shout,

"WAIT! KISHA!"

We ran into Grian's room and saw Grian trying to grab Kisha.

We pulled him back so he wouldn't get stuck, and Kisha waved goodbye, tears in her eyes.

"KISHA!" I shouted.

But the portal closed.

"No." I said shakily.

The letter that the main Watcher gave Grian burned up and I started to cry.

"Kisha...no...I'm sorry, I shouldn't've pushed you to go."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Pearl hugging Grian, also crying.

Grian hugged back, sobbing.

"I h-hate that dimension I went into." Grian cried, "I knew no one, Pearl you w-weren't there, and fucking C-Cooper was."

"What?" Me and Scar exclaimed.

Grian nodded.

"What did he do?" Pearl asked.

"N-nothing. Just broke up with me. Which wasn't as bad as it was the first time. I mean...it did make me remember all of the things that he did to me, and it made me feel like a terrible person and he called me a bitch again and...I just feel terrible."

"Don't, it's not your fault."

"I don't really feel terrible about him...I feel terrible about Kisha."

I looked down and sadly nodded.

"Yeah...me to."

I sighed, "This is all my fault, I'm such a bitch."

"Hey, you didn't force her to go in there." Scar said.

"Yeah...if anything, it was our fault. We kept on begging her to go and save you."

Just then, we all heard an echoey snap and a portal appeared.

We all gasped and turned to see the main Watcher.

He threw Kisha's lifeless body through, and I ran over to her.

"Kisha!" I shouted, checking for a pulse.

But there was none.

"She chose to die." He said before looking at Grian.

"Now I ask for one thing."

We all looked at him.

"In order for me and my other Watchers to leave this dimension alone and not erase it, I ask for a sacrifice."

"Someone here chooses to become a Watcher?" Scar asked.

"That. Or, they choose death. Either one, we will leave."

We all looked at each other and Grian got up from his sister's arms.

"I'll do it." He said.

"What? Grian, no!" We all shouted.

Grian turned to us, "I have to do this. This whole thing started because of me."

"Well, Grian, if you choose to sacrifice yourself, I will have to kill you." The main Watcher said.

Grian nodded to the main Watcher, who stuck out his hand.

"Do we have a deal?" He asked.

Grian ran over and kissed me and Scar one last time.

He then hugged his sister before taking a deep breath and nodding.

"Yes." He said, shaking his hand.

"Perfect." The main Watcher smirked.

He snapped and Grian laid on the floor, dead.

"Pleasure doing business with you." The main Watcher bowed before snapping one last time and disappearing.

"No...Grian." Scar sobbed.

Pearl started to cry as well.

I wrapped my arm around Scar as we both mourned over the deaths of our friend and boyfriend.

Jimmy's Perspective-

I remember getting a phone call from Pearl later that day.

I was on a date with Scott at the arcade, but when I picked up, all of the sounds, all of the happy faces, they all disappeared.

Vanished.

I started to cry, and Scott looked confused.

I passed the phone to him, and he hugged me, trying to calm me down while listening to Pearl tell him that Grian and Kisha made it back, but were dead.

We went over to Grian's house immediately and saw everyone else crying.

We were all in shambles.

As Pearl was downstairs making an excuse for Grian's death to their parents while me and Scott looked around Grian's room.

I looked at the photos of all of us that he had hung up.

He even had the photo of us when we first started kindergarten.

I looked at it, starting to cry again, and Scott came over to hug me.

I cried into his shoulder as he comforted me, but it didn't matter.

I lost my best friend.

And the last thing I ever asked him was for stupid fucking math homework.

"I'm such a terrible friend." I cried.

"No, you're not. You're amazing. You're so kind and will always do whatever is right." Scott said, kissing my forehead, "It's not your fault Grian died. He died to protect us."

Eventually, we left as Kisha's parents had come in to hear what happened to their daughter.

Pearl told them as much as she could without having the Watchers come back, and then the day ended.

Lizzie kept a close eye on me at night just in case I did anything, and I actually woke up at 2 am crying.

I was just in shambles about what had happened.

And the last thing I ever said to him was about math homework.

I'm such a terrible person.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself, but as I thought about it, I realized that I lost my bestest friend.

And I will never get him back.