Too Late To Go Back

Kisha's Perspective-

"I'm trapped inside, laced with lies. I don't have a way out, I'm filled with doubt. I have one task, just one to do. But now that I'm here, everything seems hard to do. I can't look back now, just have to go on. But finding my way around makes me wish I was gone. I don't want to be here, I don't want to do this. But now it seems like it's the only way to bliss."

I finished up my poem and everyone in my class clapped.

"Very nice, Kisha." The teacher smiled.

She let me sit down and I sighed as I did.

"See? Told you that you would do good." Mumbo whispered as I sat down.

"Thanks. But it's still a bit nerve racking."

"Tell me about it." Mumbo whispered as he got called up to read his poem.

I clapped the loudest for him when he was done, and eventually lunch started.

"So how's you and your boyfriends?" I asked as we left ELA class.

"Good. I mean...Grian seems a bit lost. And speaking of which, I haven't seen him at all today. I'm a bit worried. And he hasn't been responding to my texts."

"He's probably sick and his parents took away his phone. That's what my parents do."

"I don't know...I'm worried."

I shrugged.

"So are you going to sit with you other friends today?" Mumbo asked.

"I did yesterday, today I sit with you and Scar and everyone else."

Mumbo nodded and we walked over to Scott, Jimmy, and Scar, who were talking.

"Hey Kisha!" Scar smiled.

I smiled back.

"Have any of you seen Grian today or has he responded to any of your texts?" Mumbo immediately asked Scar.

I softly smiled.

He's always worried about his boyfriends.

Everyone said no and Jimmy took out his phone.

"Last time we texted was...last night. I asked him if he could help me with my math homework and he said that he was busy with his project. That was it."

"Huh...weird."

"And that substitute teacher is starting to freak me out." Scott muttered.

"What?" I asked.

Scott explained to me what happened, and I sighed.

"That letter might've been a key to whatever's been happening." I said.

"But do you really think so?" Mumbo asked, "I mean...it doesn't seem like it would be."

"Well, it seems that way to me." I said, folding my arms.

"Looking at everything that's been going on, I agree with Kisha." Jimmy said.

"Eyy, atta boy Jim!" I said, patting his back and Jimmy gave me a look like he never wanted me to say that again.

I laughed and Jimmy rolled his eyes.

"But seriously. If we have to deal with the Watchers...how do you think we can do that?"

I shrugged, "I'm always here to help too."

Everyone turned to me, and Mumbo snapped.

"That's it! You just have to become an undercover Watcher."

"What?!"

"Oh yeah! You could then travel through dimensions." Scott said.

"Hold on, hold on, how would I even become a Watcher?"

The guys exchanged looks and they all shrugged.

I sighed, "Exactly. I don't think there's just...a way."

"What if that letter that teleported Grian is still in his house?" Jimmy suggested.

"Yeah! You just have to use that!" Scar said.

My eyes widened.

"I have- okay, wait. But why can't one of you guys do it?"

"Because they already know about us, but not really about...you. You could fit in the most."

I sighed.

"Fine. I'll do it. But...what exactly will happen?"

"All you have to do is go into where Grian was sent and bring him back here."

"I- that's it?"

"Yeah."

I took a deep breath, "But won't that require me to split up and stuff?"

"Well...maybe."

"I don't know guys."

"Please, Kisha." Mumbo and Scar pleaded me.

I bit my lip and sighed, nodding.

"All I need is Grian's address."

-

Me and Mumbo walked up to Grian's bedroom, Pearl following us.

"Last I saw him was in here." She said, opening the door for us.

We both gasped as we saw the letter.