Meet Up

Grian's Perspective-

"Grian, you sure?" Mumbo asked.

I nodded.

Mumbo kissed my forehead and I blushed.

Scar then kissed my cheek and said, "I love you, and remember, you don't have to tell him anything you're uncomfortable with."

I nodded.

"Bye guys, love you." I said, watching as my boyfriends left.

I then took a deep breath and entered the park.

Rick was sitting on a bench.

"Er- hi." I said and Rick smiled.

"Sup. Glad you could make it."

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, sitting down.

"Look, Grian, I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but when me and Scott went over to Martyn's place today, I walked up to his room. I was looking around and when I picked up one picture, behind it was this." Rick said, taking out a white mask that had a purple eye on it.

My eyes widened.

"And I was wondering if you had something to do with it."

"What? No! Why- why would I have something to do with that?"

"Because Scar drew this." Rick said, now taking out a crumpled-up piece of paper.

He uncrumpled it and it showed a purple eye.

"So? Maybe Scar has something to do with it."

"Grian, you're his boyfriend."

"We don't tell each other everything!"

Rick looked at me before sighing and putting the items away.

He got up and said, "Sorry, that you had something to do with it. Guess I'll have to ask Scar."

I bit my lip and then said,

"Wait."

Rick looked over his shoulder.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"I was just wondering because I recognize these symbols. Martyn used to draw them all the time when we were in middle school."

"W-what?"

"Didn't Martyn never tell you? We used to be best friends back in elementary and middle school! But in 8th grade, my family moved. Me and my mom moved back here a couple months ago after she divorced my dad, but...I never really got back in touch with Martyn."

"Oh..."

"And then when he killed himself, I was looking at the picture he had of both of us at our school dance. We had posed with funny faces in the photo booth, and he had one of those pictures up on his bookcase. I picked it up and saw the mask."

I nodded.

"So...do you have something to do with it?"

"What are you going to do with that information?"

"Grian, nothing bad."

"Well...alright, yes. I...I do know something about it."

I felt a terrible shiver go down my spine as I told him what happened.

He just nodded, looking as though he got exactly what he wanted.

Rick's Perspective-