Chapter 24

Gerard's POV
After I finished packing, I piggy backed Chrys down stairs.

She smiled and said "We are off to foreign lands."

Brendon looked at us and said "Where are you guys going?"

I then said "Her family reunion." Pete smirked and said "Are you going to show your boy toy to the family Chrys."

We laughed and she said "No, I just don't want to go alone."

We then headed out the front door while they all said good bye.

I put our stuff in the car and then her meds, crutches, and wheelchair.

We then headed off. She put in a CD in the CD player. It was The Black Parade. She played The Sharpest Lives.

We then sang along to the whole entire CD. She was a great singer.

She then played a song called One Time and it was by Marian Hill.

She sang to it perfectly. She knew every word and every beat. When the song ended was when we got in her neighborhood. I pulled in front of this giant house and said "Is this it?"

She gulped and said "Yeah, ugh, I may die." I laughed and said "You won't die." When we got out of the car her mom came out and what looked like her little sister.

Her mom gasped and said "What happened? Oh, and who is this." She shrugged and said "I got in a car accident and this is my boyfriend Gerard."

She then came up to me and shook my hand and said "Oh that's terrible dear, Hi I'm Kathryn. You can call me Kathy." I nodded and said "Hi Kathy, and who is this little one?"

Kathy smiled and said "Billie Jean, she is Chrys's little sister. She is 13." I nodded and shook Billie's hand and said "Hi Billie, is it ok if I call you that?" She nodded and then helped Chrys with the bags.

Chrys's POV
Billie came over and I said "Hey kid, how are you?" She hugged me and said "Better, glad you're here. Is Gerard the Gerard Way?" I nodded. She squealed a little and ran over to him.

She hugged him and said "OMG YOUR GERARD WAY THE CELEBRITY! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?"

My mom grabbed my bags and he smiled and said "Sure maybe later." She hopped up and down and ran into the house to tell everyone.

We went in and were greeted with hugs and welcomes. After all the hugging I showed Gerard our/ my old room. He looked at all the posters and said "You really are a fan of us." I nodded and blushed.

He came over and hugged me and said "I don't care, well I mean that's great but no need to be embarrassed. He kissed my head and said "Come on, I smell food."

He then carried me down the stairs because they were steep steps. He gave me my crutches and then we walked to the kitchen. I sat down and so did Gerard.

My mom put a cover on the pan and said "So much has happened since you left." I said "Like what? Where is Trey? Didn't he get back from the service a few months ago?"

She held my hand and gave me the look. The look that someone died. I started to tear up and said "No, please no." She nodded and then I buried myself in my arms and cried.

Gerard rubbed my back and said "Kathy, not to make the moment worse but, who is Trey?" My mom then said "Trey isher older brother. They stuck with each other like glue."

He didn't say anything so I guess he nodded. I lifted up my head and wiped my tears and said "Anything else happened?" She nodded and said "Yeah, Trey had kids. His wife died with the last one because she got sick. They are living with us."