Chapter 7

Reverentia

Respect

His angel had been still there, the morning after he'd woken up on his parent's bed.

When Jungkook's mother opened the curtains and it was a bright morning, he looked just as startled as Jungkook was. They only had a moment of shock when their eyes met before he vanished into thin air. The rest of the morning, Jungkook felt slightly on edge, not knowing if something had happened to his angel's friend.

When night time fell and a call came, his father had to go back to his study. Jungkook couldn't go because it meant he would have to enter the other side of the house, so he stayed with his mother. And when she asked if he wanted to sleep in their bed again, he told her not to. Because he wanted to talk to his angel and ask him if everything was fine.

It seemed it was. When he asked him about it, his angel reassured him that his friend had let him sleep for longer that morning. For which Jungkook was very pleased to hear.

When he went to sleep, however, they weren't as lucky.

Jungkook woke up startled and realized the pain of moving his left leg had woken him up from a nightmare. A nightmare he could still remember where he'd been overpowered easily and pinned to the grassy floor before the green was stained red by another's blood.

When he found his angel laying beside him and twitching around with his eyes closed, he called him frantically so he would wake. His angel did so with a start and his hands balled into fists.

Again, he was holding his blanket. Then, when he stood up on shaky legs, the floor creaked as if he weighed more than air. He stumbled forwards, looking dizzy, and caught himself by putting up his hands against one of the doors of his closet. And a small thud was heard when he hit the wood.

Jungkook's eyes couldn't get any wider, but he couldn't stand up to help him or raise his voice to catch his attention. His parents weren't as far as they would be if they'd been downstairs, and his mother was a light sleeper. But this was frightening him more than the nightmare had done. This was only the second time his angel could interact with his surroundings and it was lasting far too long. Would there be consequences on his body?

- Angel... - He whispered into the night, leaning towards him as much as he could.

But his angel caught his head as though in pain, still giving his back to him.

- Angel, please, look at me. You have to stop. - His voice was just a bit louder, but he still glanced at his door knob frighteningly.

Will his parents be able to see him if he could interact with his room like this? Will this mean he was more in his world than he was in his? Could this mean that he was actually killing his body over there?

Not knowing what was going on was frightening him more and more because his angel began to shake even more violently.

- Angel! - Jungkook gave his loudest whisper yet when he saw him falling to his knees.

And his knees hit the wooden floor loudly.

- Jungkook!? - His mother's shout came from the other side of the hall.

Hastily but silently, he lowered his right leg to the floor until the cast rested against the floor, and looked back up at what he could see of his angel.

At that same moment, it hit him. A terrible terror rose in his chest until he began to gasp for air and he closed his eyes. Shouting reached his ears as though he was hearing it from the other side of a wall. It was indistinct, over and over, and the terror only grew.