Chapter 1

The aroma of toxins perfumed the air as I exhaled the smoke brought from the slender cigarette in between my tanned fingers. The sheets loosely lapped around my thighs, covering my naked body as I sat on the edge of the bed. My feet sat firm on the carpet, my toes mindlessly playing with the fabric as I ran my spare hand through my caramel locks.

There was a shuffle behind me, the sheets rustling and the bed squeaking. I flicked my head back to notice Temper was awake, although it was so early into the morning I was surprised he only rested for such a short time.

"What are you doing?" He lazily breathed and stroked my shoulder as if he was some lover in a fantastical fiction.

I flinched away from his hand and stood up. I took another drag of my cigarette and watch the smoke cloud around my face. He frowned as if puzzled, puzzled as to why we weren't cuddling.

I didn't answer his stare. All I did was put out my cigarette and start to get dressed again. I tried to avoid the gaze of the bright full moon and its glorious navy sky as well. It was haunting, taunting me as if this was the first time I've ever broken somebody's heart. I licked my lips and fixed my fly and he sat up still naked in the bed.

"Do the other boys know... About you?"

I stopped to laugh, my chortle crisp in the night which startled him. I collected eye contact with him and I smirked.

"Do the other boys know? I've had all the other boys"

"All of them?"

"Except Daddy, I've fucked them all" I grinned wider, buttoning up my shirt.

"Wow, I feel so special" He grumbled, throwing the sheets off himself and reaching for his phone.

"I never told you that you should feel special?" I rolled my eyes and chucked on my blazer.

I wasn't always like this but certain circumstances evoked emotional consequences for me.

Suddenly there was a ringing. I thought it was his phone at first, considering his face was so glued to the screen. Then I saw mine vibrating on top of the bedside table, with 'Daddy' flashing on the screen. I picked it up and casually answered.

"Hey, hey"

"Louis, we have to talk" His voice was stern, low, serious.

I frowned. I was used to three in the morning calls to dispose bodies or take a gig but not to talk. He was never formal around me. Although he was my boss, he was always so casual as if we were best mates. I liked it that way. People feared me because I was so close to Daddy and I could get them in trouble if they crossed me. It was also because they thought I was his nephew. Regardless he never needed to 'talk' unless he meant coming down to the pub, knocking back a couple of beers and taking the piss out of the people who annoyed us. Somehow his tone of voice seemed to contradict my theory.

"I'll be right there" I confirmed and hung up, shoving the phone into my pocket.

"Who was that?" Temper's voice mumbled from behind me but I didn't bother to look back.

"Your boss" I bluntly answered, fixing my tie.

"What did he want?"

I laughed again and took a glance back at him to catch his agitated eye roll.

"You really think I'm going to tell you what the head of the mafia wants to do at three in the morning with his nephew? You really are new to this" I satirically spat.

I probably would've told him. I had a big mouth and usually I found it hard to bite my tongue. I liked being the centre of attention, I liked holding people's interests, I liked being important but mostly I liked being the best. I would've told him if first I knew what I was being ushered for. What the best was needed for.