Chapter 26

Niall became more my counsellor if anything. Although he did teach me a few things in the psychology trade, most of the time he was listening to my whining and complaining. If Harry did something to upset me, he'd be the first to hear about it. Liam was so relieved I had my own personal psychologist but he did miss our late night chats which I became too exhausted to carry on with anymore. Niall was great with advice and he was gentle and funny and easy-going and I liked him.

Though, he could never have consoled me for what I was about to witness.

Eight months since I started my trial of One Direction and you'd think I'd be prepared for anything.

Throughout the time I spent with Niall I was hearing about one thing fluttering around the cabin.

A new Game was in order.

Game was their word for mission or quest or objective or whatever. I would walk passed a couple of people talking and I'd catch it. It'd race into my ear only for the speakers to quiet down or change the topic. Although it was the most popular thing resting on everybody's hot little mouths for the past month or so, I didn't know what it was or when it was or really anything about it.

I asked Niall one day who just shook his head and started talking about Sigmund Freud and the conscious and unconscious mind. It was a good lesson but there was something that still itched under my skin I couldn't wait to scratch.

I would've asked Harry about it, if he ever stopped brooding. He wouldn't talk to me let alone look me in the eyes. He was still mad about what I said, there was no way he'd let me in on something like this.

That was until it was the night before the Game. I didn't know it was but I soon discovered it with sinking eyes and grey pyjama slacks.

I couldn't sleep that night. I was so tired. I had tried but even the sheep I counted had fallen asleep and left me behind in reality. So I decided to go to the kitchen, grab a glass of water and maybe even jump into Liam's bed because I always did that whenever the insomnia was really bad. He didn't mind, he didn't mind at all.

I didn't even make it to the kitchen though. I ambled down the corridor with sleep in the corner of my eyes when I heard voices. I stopped with a frown, my ears trying to turn the tones into words.

"Why can't Liam do it in the shed?"

"Liam isn't allowed in the shed and even if he was it's for torture not for murder"

"You're kidding, right? Didn't you kill that mafia cop recently?" Liam scoffed.

I leant against the wall, lurking in the shadows. I wanted to listen and I didn't want to get caught.

"Besides they'd be dead already" Liam added.

"I know a place, if you let me go-"

"You can't go, Maria"

I recognised Harry's voice as he groaned and I bit my lip.

"There's two of them and one of Liam. Liam could use a few hands to help. If I go, I can help him and we can go to the place so if we get followed we won't lead them back here. This is our sanctuary, we need to protect it and leave minimal suspicion to anyone that it's a crime house. I agree with Tara that it shouldn't be done in the shed. So please let me go and after its dealt with we'll come back the morning after" Maria pleaded.

"If she goes, I go" Tara quickly insisted and Harry was groaning again.

"I could use a hand, boss" Liam mentioned, a change of heart occurring in him, "And I trust Tara which means I have to trust Maria. If she has a place which means not jeopardising the cabin then I'm all in"