Chapter 36

"I need to learn to be faithless" I mumbled.

I mindlessly rolled the rubber end of the pink ballon between my fingers as I stared through the glass door in front of me. I watched the harmonious sway of the forest in the wind and I wished I were a tree. Everything would be so simple as a tree.

"If I was faithless I wouldn't be so upset all the time" I added.

"I think you're getting faithless confused with heartless" Fetch muttered. "Pass me that balloon"

I sighed, holding it up high for them to grab it. They stood on the highest rung of their step ladder, stringing up balloons for my dance tonight. They took the sightly deflated balloon from my hands and tied it with the others. I grabbed another one from the packet and began blowing into it.

"Faithless people don't care about the hearts they break or who breaks theirs. They just don't allow theirs to get broken, full stop" I spoke between breaths.

I tied the end off and passed it to Fetch. This boring routine only sparking my emotions.

"That's not true. I'm assuming when you mean faithless you mean people who cheat or who are home-wreckers or people who constantly have one night stands-"

"No because I used to have one night stands, it didn't mean I was faithless. I was in mourning because the person I was faithful to abandoned me..."

"Louis, whatever the case they're still human and they still have feelings. They're not robots, I'm sure their heart breaks sometimes" Fetch protested.

"Maybe I need to start sleeping with people again or drink myself into a coma. That's how I handled it last time and then Harry came along and put me in the same situation. Fuck, I need sex" I bitterly scoffed.

"Shoving your dick into someone isn't going to help... Neither is wishing to be faithless. That's just stupid. So shut the hell up and help me out. The other decorations are in that box over there" Fetch demanded.

They pointed to the heavy box that sat glumly besides the television. I groaned but did as they wished. Before I could get to it in time, Liam had raced inside and beat me to it. I punched his arm when he took the box in his hands and lifted it up. He chuckled and I rolled my eyes. We stumbled back to Fetch as they were hopping off the ladder.

I threw myself back in my chair as Fetch took the decorations and repositioned the ladder so they could reach above the glass doors. Liam stood beside them as they hurried to the top step and started handing them the paper lanterns and decorative stickers and tinsel and whatever it was they wanted to light the place up.

"Where have you been?" I asked Liam.

"Just Harry's other house" He shrugged.

"Excuse me?!" I gaped.

"Oh here we go" Fetch groaned, hastily taking the next lot to place up on the wall.

"Louis, calm down" Liam laughed at my shock and shook his head, "He wasn't there nor was his motorbike but the bread in his cupboard was fresh and it smelt like coconut in the hut instead of the usual horrid scent the moisture brings and his bed sheets were unmade and warm. I'm assuming that's where he's been camping out but he must've been out"

"You mean you've known this whole time where he's been, where his house was but never told me?! Are you serious?!" I screeched in horror, my hands clenching the armrests tightly.

"Louis, if he had wanted you there he would've taken you"

"Or he would've assumed you'd tell me and take me"