Chapter 53

A new Game was in order. We were getting Harry out of prison and back into these arms again.

Liam knew everybody working for One Direction. He had complied everybody's files, even the ones who were out of state and he found someone.

Phoenix worked as the main cook and food distributor in Washington State Penitentiary. I had met Phoenix before, green haired and grey eyed and willing to do anything for Harry. We hoped even this.

We decided to give Phoenix a call  and I begged for her participation in saving the love of my life from a place he was probably chained up and isolated and getting tortured illegally by government troops. There was a long pause before she answered with 'You had me at "save Harry"'.

She told us she lived with a couple of the guards who regularly partied and since July the 4th was approaching and was on a Thursday this year, they'd be out all week instead of working. It meant their uniforms and passes would be left behind and Phoenix had an unsuspicious way to change the roster. She said if we could produce three guys to take their place and pretend to be her roommates, we had a clear and easy path to Harold. There was nothing stopping me now.

It only took a day to plan. I didn't rest at all that night. I laid in Harry's bed. All I could think about was him but then again when have things ever been different? Yet this time filled me with such emptiness and left an ache in my side. I couldn't imagine what they were doing to him. I was with him just the other night and now he was in such a mess. It's crazy how quickly these things happened. I'd never take another night with him for granted, even if all we do is argue. Even if he killed Daddy there was no denying it now, I was made for him.

Morning came and I barely ate. I went over the plan with everybody again except so far it was only Liam and I filling the shoes. It was Fetch's third and last day of public grieving and they insisted they accompany us.

"No" I shook my head, "No if something happens..."

"What? Can't handle the loss of both of us? Of both the twins? Well at least I'd be with her..." Fetch bitterly mumbled.

"I want Niall to go" I stated and ignored Fetch's remark.

"What?" Niall piped up.

"He always talked about how you and Liam were his closest friends in the world. Are. You still goddamn are... I want you there because I know he would. Plus you're rarely involved in Games, it's time you took action" I persisted.

"I don't know... That night with Daddy was the only time I've ever held a gun... I'm not capable of killing anyone..."

"Luckily you don't have to. Just walk through the prison like you own the place and stand by my side. Tara will drive the van outside the prison which we will escort Harry to once we open up his cell and pretend to cuff him. Fetch has made up some permission documents for Harry's, uh, 'transferral', so we should get by without a scene. I need you, the psychologist, to arrange the transferral"

Niall hesitated. He looked around and then to me and then around again. Finally he nodded and said he was in, he couldn't just leave Harry hanging. I was thrilled. It had all come together so quick. I tried to ignore the tugging feeling at my chest that was telling me something would go wrong. Speed didn't outweigh success though, at least that's what I was hoping.

That night we met up with Phoenix. She dressed us up in uniform, giving the additional torch, handcuffs and prison passes. Tara made the inappropriate handcuff joke that we were all waiting for and though our nerves were high and I was sweating, muffled laughter echoed through the modern apartment. I wanted to relax, I really did but I needed Harry to be safe. I needed him to be with me.