12. Beginning of a new journey.

Nayantara's pov

I was crying miserably after bidding goodbye to my family. Tears were continuosly flowing from my eyes like a river.

Kashmira helped me to walked towards my palanquin which was ready for me. She made me sit inside it. A sob escaped from my mouth.

I never thought that my bidayi ( farewell ) would be this much painful. The uncertainty of when I would reunite with my family weighed heavily on my heart. Even my brothers, who rarely cried or displayed emotions, were weeping for me. The sight of my entire family in tears was truly overwhelming.

When we started moving. I moved aside the curtains of my palanquin and watched my palace where i had spent my entire childhood getting away from me.

It was a beginning of a new journey  for me.

Kashmira was accompanying me to Rajgarh. Initially, I refused to let her leave her family because of me, but she insisted that she would never leave me alone. She said if she would ever feel like coming to Somgarh she will, so i agreed.

I was very thankful that i had a best friend like her who always supported me and never left me alone.

But i was still not sure that if Anirudh would agree or not but she gave me a biggest shock when she said Anirudh had already agreed. But why would he..?

A part of me was saying that it was because he cared for me and didn't wanted me to feel alone but why would he care if he had already done alot to hurt me.

Tears were flowing continuously from my eyes. My head was hurting like hell.

As i was tired from all the crying and I didn't even took proper rest from five days because of the wedding, i fell asleep.

"Nayantara"

"Nayantara"

I opended my eyes when i heard someone calling my name. Kashmira was looking at me.

"We have arrived Nayantara."

I immediately corrected myself and settled my clothes properly and pulled down my veil, stepping out of the palanquin. It was already evening by the time we reached Rajgarh.

I saw from the veil that workers were busy carrying the luggage and some things from the carriages to the palace.

I walked in front and saw Anirudh already standing there alone i went near him and stood beside him. He didn't even looked towards me once.

Soon kakisa came with some ladies. And stood in front of us. She was looking weak. She had dark circles under her eyes. She did not had that charm she had before, it was lost.

She did our arti first than we both bend down to take blessings from her.

"Sada khush raho..!"

{"Always be happy..!"}

She gave her blessings to us then engulfed us both for a hug. It was warm. I feel contended that she loved me still like before.

Then she asked me to perform some rituals and then took us to the temple in the palace to seek blessings from God and royal priest.

Me and Anirudh were walking side by side when i stumbled on my way, i was going to fall on the ground when a pair of arms surrounded my waist securely.

"Sambhal ke!"

{"Carefully!"}

I gulped listening to his husky voice it was the first thing he had said to me after our marriage.

When we reached the temple, First we did some prayers. Then bend down to take blessings from the priest.

Then we were made to perform some after marriage rituals.

After performing rituals kakisa asked us to eat dinner together as it was good omen for couples to eat together for the first time after marriage.

We were eating dinner when Anirudh stood up.

"I am done. I have something important to work."

He went away leaving me and kakisa. I also stood up as i was also not hungry. But kakisa insisted me to eat more.

After dinner kakisa asked me to stay a bit.

"I am very happy Nayantara. You can't even imagine that how much i am happy to see you as my daughter in law. It was the last wish of your kakasa to make you the daughter in law of this family and today it is fulfilled."

She said looking at me with so much love. She had always loved me like his own daughter.

"Thank you kakisa."

"Whom are you calling kakisa? I am your mother now, call me 'maasa'."

A tear fell from my eyes because of the love she was giving me. She and kakasa had always told me to address them as maasa and bapusa. But i always said that i would call them that when i would get married to Anirudh.

"Maasa.."

I said, She immediately engulfed  me into a hug.

After a while she asked an attendee to show me Anirudh's chamber as from now on it was also my chamber.

As we made our way towards his chamber, I couldn't help but notice the familiarity of my surroundings. The walls, pillars, corridors, and garden all seemed so familiar to me. I had visited this place countless times during my childhood, always accompanied by my father. However, as I grew older and reached the age of thirteen, my visits became less frequent.

Kashmira also came with me to the chamber. An attendee opened the door for us then we walked inside.

As i entered, I noticed a significant transformation. The walls, carpets, and furniture had all been altered. The new look was not only unique but also exceptionally beautiful. The grand chandelier in the room stood out with its distinctive charm. The carpets now boasted a regal combination of blue and red, while the intricate design on the red marbles added to the overall allure of the space.

The chamber was divided into multiple sections. The first section consisted of a bedroom area, furnished with a king-size bed capable of accommodating four adults comfortably. Adjacent to it, there was a couch accompanied by a table. Towards the back, a medium-sized wardrobe was positioned. The second section served as a bathing area, with a spacious pool, along with a secluded corner equipped with a curtain for changing clothes. The third section served as a dressing area, encompassing ample cupboards and trunks, as well as a sizable dressing table adorned with a large mirror. Within the dressing area, there was a door leading to the fourth section, where an assortment of weapons were displayed. Upon exiting the dressing and bathing areas, the fifth section revealed a generous resting area, complete with a substantial balcony at the front.

After seeing everything i came to the balcony present in the chamber, it was quite spacious. From this vantage point, we were able to behold the royal garden in all its glory. The grand fountain and the array of diverse flowers created a tranquil atmosphere that enveloped everything.

I was enjoying the view when Kashmira said from behind making my breath hitched.

"Today is your wedding night Nayantara."

                          ♡♡♡

Word count:⁠-⁠) 1212

How was the chapter guyss??
Tell me in comments. pls.

Ahm ahm wedding night..??🌚

A humble request to everyone please vote, comment and share. 🦋

~sana xoxo