25. Attack..!

Please vote 🌟

Nayantara's pov

It had been a few days since i got that letter. I was more alert these days keeping a close eye on everyone in the palace specially the chief commander and Anirudh, chief commander because i wanted to know what he was hiding and who was the person he met secretly and Anirudh because as i got to know that his life was in danger i couldn't help but check on him in every one or two hour.

Obviously Anirudh found it weird that why i was suddenly behaving differently like going to him for silly little things but i could not tell him the real reason behind my different behaviour. As i made no effort in telling him about my behaviour, he stopped asking me but inside he was enjoying. Whenever i went to him, he would tease me. I tried to control myself but there was this restling feeling inside me which didn't let me.

I was keeping a eye on the chief commander but there was not a single activity i found suspicious. I also asked Kashmira that if she find anything weird in the palace she must tell me. But she also didn't find anything suspicious.

It was the night time and i was going towards Anirudh's study. Usually at this time he would come to our chamber but today he was late, very late. And i was getting worried.

As i was going to knock on the door, the door suddenly opened making me flinched. I frowned when i saw Anirudh's tausa standing in front of me. What he was doing here? Did he came to meet Anirudh?

"Nayantara.."

He said, and looked at me. I was still looking at him standing at the threshold of the door.

"It's good that you meet me here, here take it. I came to meet Anirudh and to give him this letter but he is not here. So, can you please give this to him, for me..?"

He asked, giving me a scroll. I furrowed my brows and asked

"Is Anirudh not inside..?"

"No, that's why i was asking you to give him this letter."

My heart sank deeply. If Anirudh was not here then where was he?I forwarded my hand to take that letter, as i touched the letter a scream stopped me, i instantly looked behind and saw Kashmira running towards me. My heartbead raced fastly.

"Nayanatara!!"

She came in front of me, her face showing the stress. She breathed heavily before saying

"Ani..Anirudh-"

"Whatt? Anirudh? What happened to Anirudh?"

I asked immediately as I listened her taking Anirudh's name. I didn't know why but i was getting scared. There was this fear, fear of losing Anirudh.

"Someone attacked Anirudh!!!"

the ground swept out from under my feet. My heart thudding fastly against my chest. I stood numb. I didn't hear anything else other then the three words she uttered. All the moments we spent together came in front of my eyes making my eyes watery.

Someone shook me and brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at Kashmira.

"Whe...Where is he..?"

I asked her in a slow voice. Tears escaped from my eyes. My whole body shivering with just the thought of losing him forever. I could not live without him.

"I don't know, when i was walking in the corridor i came to know from people that yuvraj was attacked and i immediately came to you."

She said, and more tears escaped from my eyes with a sob.