Chapter 7

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

"What are you doing? Is everything alright?" Kaya asks, sitting up in bed.

At least I found the room I was looking for, with a little help.

"Sorry, this house is so massive. I was just trying to find the bathroom." Nami says, trying to cover her tracks but the pillowcase kind of gives it away.

"With a pillowcase?" Kaya asks and Nami knows she's been busted.

"So...you are a pirate after all." Kaya says, getting out of bed.

"I hate pirates." Nami strongly says. "But I am who I am. And I won't apologize for that." 

"To be honest, I find some of the décor to be a bit gaudy. I'd prefer to donate it to charity." Kaya says.

"I'm not charity." Nami says, not liking that Kaya explained it that way.

"No, of course not. I simply meant what's the point of having so much if you can't share it with others? Like those in need. Family. Friends."

"I was actually looking for you Kaya." I say, moving to take a seat at the table in the middle of the room and placing the clothes on my lap. I could see where that conversation was heading and it wasn't pretty.

"Why were you looking for me?" She asks, looking up at me with a kind smile causing me to give her one back.

"I was looking through your wardrobe and I found a few thing I liked, I was wondering if you wanted to look at them with me. I was hoping to be able to find something I could take with me as I don't have any clothes and have borrowed some of Nami's before I got here." I say.

"Without permission." Nami mutters.

"I'm sorry but there wasn't anything else." I tell her, wanting her to know that I didn't mean to take her things.

"I would love to and of course, you can take a few things. I have too many clothes in my opinion and some of them I don't even like. I'm more than happy to share things with my friends." She tells us.

"So we're friends now? You don't even know us." Nami says, putting the pillowcase down and walking a little closer to Kaya.

"We don't really know each other." I tell Nami, knowing we've had a few conversations and spent some time together but I would really like to get to know her. She seems like she could be fun to spend time with and besides, us girls have to stick together, especially with the amount of boys on the crew.

"Usopp knows you and that's a start. I'm sure us all getting to know each other will allow you two to get to know each other as well." Kaya says and Nami takes a seat beside her letting us know she wants to be friends as well.

"So what do we do now?" Nami asks after a moment of silence. "Have a sleepover? Do each others make up?" She asks, making me and Kaya laugh but Kaya's laughs soon turn into coughs that she can't seem to stop making me and Nami concerned.