Chapter 32

Your Pov...

Italics- thoughts

⦓Ramshackle- Foyer⦔

"Are you two all set," Jade asked as I came downstairs and Grim emerged from the kitchen.

"Peace, Viperfish and Baby Seal," Floyd waves at us as we reach the door. "See you around!"

"And if you're in need of lodgings, feel free to come and speak with us," Jade smirked. "Reservations for guest rooms in Octavinelle start at 100 thaumarks a night."

"No thanks," I say and leave the building.

"Hey, wait," Grim exclaims. "Say that to my face! NOBODY CALLS ME A BABY SEEEAAAL! Guess we're roughin' it tonight. This stinks."

"You're the only one who will be roughin' it," I state. "I got things to do."

"Hey, Y/n, Grim," Deuce calls out to us as he runs over. Ace is alongside him and so is Jack.

"Are you guys here to help," Grim asked with sparkles in his eyes.

"Not to help you, but it's kind of our fault that Y/n is out in the cold," Ace rubbed the back of his head. "It wouldn't sit right with me if you slept outside and caught a cold or somethin'..."

"What is it with you and posturin'," Grim asked.

"We've talked with Housewarden Rosehearts," Deuce explained. "We can offer you a place safe from the elements if you don't mind sleeping in our four-man freshman dorm room."

"You guys are gonna cram ANOTHER two bodies into a crowded four-man room," Jack questioned. "What, does Heartslabyul not have any empty rooms?"

"Since nobody in our dorm ever drops out or gets help back, it's always at full capacity," Deuce responds.

"Then...why don't you come to Savanaclaw instead," Jack looked away, bashfully. Everyone but me was left in shock. "I acted like I was doin' you a favor by sticking around for those negotiations with Azul, but I didn't actually contribute at all. And considering how much we owe you for everything that went down at the Spelldrive tournament, Leona and the others won't make a peep about it."

"Daaang," Ace whistled and Deuce smiled at Jack. "I never knew you were such a big softie, Jack!"

"You learn something new every day," Grim exclaimed.

"D-don't get me wrong, okay," Jack was becoming flustered. "I want our next round of exams to be on a level playing field. It's in my best interests for her to win that bet with Azul!"

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say," Ace dismissed, teasingly.

"Y/n and Grim will probably sleep way better there anyway," Deuce commented.

"Yeah, their options at our dorm would be a spot on the floor or sharin' a bed with me or Deuce..." Ace scratches his head. "Y'know, that IS still on the table. Juuust sayin'..."

"I'm starting to think you just wanna sleep with me," I huff with my arms crossed.

"That's not it at all," Ace blushed. "I just...um..."

"Anyways," I clear my throat to save Ace from embarrassing himself more. "Grim, go with Ace and Deuce, and Jack, I'll meet you at Savanaclaw."

"Where are you going," Jack questioned.

"I have a few people to see and a few things to do," I say.

"Alright, I'll see you at Savanaclaw then," Jack smiled and went to leave.