Chapter 50

Your POV...

⦓Pocket Dimension- Strange Stairways⦔

"Must you be so difficult," Sebek shouts at Deuce.

"Can you not shout at him," I growl.

"Living people are even scarier than ghosts," Deuce whines. "I'm going back to Mama!" A light came from Deuce's body and a child ghost removed itself from his body.

"Deuce," Trey questions while Deuce tries to find his footing.

"Trey," Deuce questions as he looks at Trey. "What's up?"

"Deuce," Trey exclaims in relief. "Oh, thank goodness. It's you this time, right?"

"Whoa, my eyes are all sticky and grimy," Deuce touches his face, feeling all of the tears and snot. "And so are my nose and mouth! What IS this stuff?"

"That would be a combination of tears, mucus, and drool, I believe," Sebek states.

"What are you talking about," Deuce asks.

"Here's the deal, Deuce..." Trey goes into a few minute explanation, filling Deuce in.

"So a bunch of students got abducted, and Halloween won't end," Deuce summarizes. "And I was crying for my mom?! I don't remember anything after I got in bed last night!"

"It was a rather unflattering sight," Sebek huffs.

"Sebek," I warn.

"I would never do that in a million years," Deuce argues with Sebek.

"And yet we witnessed it all the same," Sebek smirks. "'Help me, Mamaaa!'"

"Are you making fun of me," Deuce crackles his knuckles.

"Okay, Sebek, cut it out," Trey steps in between Sebek and Deuce. "And you don't have to worry about it, Deuce. We know that wasn't you."

"A white haze left Deuce's body before he turned back to normal," Rook says. "I imagine that was a ghost. Monsieur Spade, I believe you were possessed by a ghost who loved their dear maman very much."

"A ghost did WHAT to me," Deuce exclaims. "I feel so humiliated... Now Sebek's mocking me for something I can't even remember! Those ghosts think they can pull one over on us, huh? Well, I'll teach 'em ALL a lesson! I'M CRASHIN' THAT HALLOWEEN PARTY!"

"Let's not get TOO carried away now..." Trey sighs.

"It's a little too late for that," I smile. "Now, let's get this show on the road!"

"From one to four, then four to five..." Rook says. "Ah, how reassuring this is. I'm sure that together, we have nothing to fear from whatever lies ahead!"

⦕Small time skip...⦖

"What's the holdup, humans," Sebek looks back at us. "We must make haste!"

"Easy there, Sebek," Trey tells Sebek. "Deuce is pretty drained after getting possessed and being forced to fight us."

"D'accord," Rook nods his head. "Even the slightest of ailments can be fatal when venturing into unknown territory. Why don't we take a break?"

"Sorry, guys..." Deuce apologizes. "I feel really bad about slowing you down."

"Don't apologize," I huff. "You have nothing to be sorry about."

"A break," Sebek exclaims in frustration. "How can you be so relaxed? Do you not understand the urgency of our situation?!"