Your sibling dies -- Mattheo Riddle

Mattheo Riddle:

You had lost Edward and Mattheo in the midst of the fight. You were all together in the beginning but it had gotten too chaotic. Spells, screams, cries, debris, and dust were everywhere. It looked horrifying and it felt like it too. Protecting myself from a random spell thrown I countered it with a stupefy before running out of the castle.

It was worse. So much worse on the outside than on the inside. It was repulsive. The once lively and bright courtyard was dark and gloomy and utterly destroyed. Looking around I noticed a spell coming my way and blocked it. I spent most of my time like that. Countering and throwing spells around. My intention wasn't to kill, but to hurt. I didn't know what to do other than to fight. But then I stopped. My heart hurt, and my gut was in pain. Excruciating. Depressing. Bottomless. Soulless. Something was wrong. But, what? I looked down at myself and knew that it wasn't me.

Edward.

Something was wrong with Edward. But where was he? Where is he? What's wrong with him? Where is he?

Looking around I didn't see him. And so I ran. I looked around frantically. I was getting desperate. My breaths were short. My adrenaline was high. I pushed through.

Where is he?

I threw spells everywhere. Anyone wearing all black had a spell thrown at them. My vision was blurring with tears but they didn't fall.

Where is he?

"Y/N!!!" Stopping I looked at who called my name and saw Mattheo along with Enzo and Theo. They aren't the person I'm looking for. Ignoring the relieved look on Mattheo's face and the concerned ones from Enzo and Theo I started running again.

Where is he?

The pit in my stomach seemed to expand. I felt so very weak but I kept pushing through. I need to find Edward and make sure he's ok. Looking around I stopped at the sight of some blocky glasses on the ground. They were Edwards. Picking them up I looked around and my eyes fell onto Fenrir Greyback hunched over something. Looking closer I realized who it was.

Aiming my wand at his back I threw several spells at him.

Stupefy

Petrificus totalus

Evancesco

Confrigo

Watching Greyback's turn into a mere mirror I looked into my reflection and didn't flinch as it exploded with the last spell. Now he wouldn't harm anyone. Looking down at the bloody body I clenched the glasses harder in my hand and kneeled beside him.

"Ed. Edward. Come on. No. You can't do that. Edward, please. This isn't fair. Come one, wake up." I felt my throat constrict and breathing became harder. I was gasping for air every few seconds and my vision was completely blurred by tears. Wiping at my eyes I regained some vision and looked at his face. He was completely dirty and there was a scratch on his face. His hair was messy, completely out of place. His face was relaxed and he was staring straight ahead. His eyes were now covered by a white layer signifying that he was no longer living.

It went quiet as I stared at him.

He's gone.

The pit in my stomach only worsened and I screamed. I was mad. I was sad. I was frustrated. I was alone.

The being that was with me from the womb was no longer here. His existence was no longer. I would no longer have someone to talk to at 12 am. I would no longer be able to talk through my eyes with him. Our inside jokes would not be understood. There would be no more inside jokes. The judgemental looks and words would no longer be shared. The rough housing and the random weird moments shared would no longer be a part of my life. Rather, they'd be a tormenting past that would always haunt me.

What am I supposed to do?

Touching his face gently I flinched at the cold touch. He'd been dead for a while, or maybe I'm way too warm.

How long did it take me to get here? Why did it take me so long? Why did I not feel it sooner? Did he suffer for a long time before giving in? What happened?

Running my hands through his hair I felt the softness and smiled, but doing it hurt. So I stopped.

"Y/N!" I didn't turn around. Why would I? There was someone more important in front of me. "Y/N there you are."

I heard the footsteps of all three boys and heard one of them gasp. The other two stayed quiet but I knew they were staring. I didn't care. How could I? I was numb. But I was frustrated that I wasn't there. After a few more seconds I finally closed his eyes and whispered.

"May we meet again in another life. May the stars guide you." Leaning my forehead on his cold one I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply before grabbing both his and my wand. Looking at them I felt myself get angrier and stood up. Turning around I came face to face with three of the boys. Looking at them in the eyes I pushed past them and began to throw spells at anyone in black with both wands.

"Y/N! Love!"

Stupefy

Expelliarmus

Stupefy

"Y/N!" Feeling hands go around my shoulder I spun around quickly and came face-to-face with Mattheo. "Go inside the castle. You'll be safe there. We'll take Edward there."

I merely glared at him and pushed him away before turning around and aiming spells at any death eater I saw. The more pain they were in, the better. They all deserved to be in pain far worse than what Edward and anyone else has gone through. Azkaban would not be enough for those who would be sent there.

"Y/N/N." Pulling my wrist out of his grip I pushed him harder.

"No. He's dead! I'm not letting him rot away while I do nothing! It's not fair! I told you not to leave my side, and you left. I told him not to leave my side, and now he's dead. I'm alone. I'm stuck here. HE IS MY OTHER HALF. AND NOW HE'S GONE."

And I allowed myself to collapse into his arms. He held me and gently lowered us onto the ground where I sobbed into his arms. Both wands fell onto the ground and I gripped onto Mattheo's back. He simply rubbed mine gently attempting to soothe me. I wasn't sure how long we were there but when I decided to get up Enzo was there holding both wands and also seemed to have been crying. Theo stood silently holding Edward in his arms but looked straight ahead, avoiding any eye contact with the bloody body. Letting go of Mattheo I gave Enzo a quick hug before looking back at the castle and walking back.

Looking around it seemed as if the battle had calmed down for the time being. But everywhere you looked there were bodies. Death eater, students, parents and teachers alike. A little bit of everyone was picked away.

"Love?" Turning to look at Mattheo I noticed his gentle smile, or what seemed to be one. Grabbing hold of his hand and hooking my arm through Enzo's we walked back to the castle, Theo walked beside Enzo silently looking forward,while my eyes landed on the dark head of hair laying in his arms.

"I hope you know you're not alone. I along with everyone else is here for you. We'll be here for as long you need."