you're the only one not in a relationship... M.R.

this specifically has to do with something I'm going through right now, most if not all of my friends are in relationships or talking to people and I'm not. I honestly thought that I was fine with it until I hung out with my best friend and she ignored me because she was busy talking to the guy she's into. so, this is a bit self-indulgent. this is only Mattheo.

Mattheo Riddle:

It was everywhere. I could see couples everywhere I went and it was getting boring and frustrating. Sometimes they were in the halls talking and being cute, or they held hands while they walked around or they'd give each other small kisses here and there. I thought I was ok with it, I never really minded it except sometimes when it got annoying because they'd block the halls. But it's ok.

Walking beside Analeah I tried adding myself to her conversation before realising it was futile. She was too into her just a friend guy to even notice. However, every once in a while she'd talk to me before going back to him not waiting for my response, it was frustrating. Feeling myself get irritated and bored I decided to stop walking and stood in the middle of the hall as they continued on before turning my back to them and walking to the courtyard. Maybe then I'd be away from them.

And I was. But I was faced with Aster and his girlfriend talking under a tree while I walked around. Please don't notice me. Please don't notice me. Just look at her.

"Hey Y/N," turning over to look at him I faked a surprised reaction and greeted him back. "Where are you going off to?" 

"I'm just taking a walk around the courtyard. I'm heading back inside in a few minutes. Why?"

"Nothing, just wanted to know if you'd be alright." Nodding my head I turned back around and walked away from them at a moderate speed before speed walking back to the castle. 

I hate it. Couples are nauseating and overall obnoxious. I want to be looked at like that, I want to be appreciated. I want to be told I'm pretty by a guy and not just girls. I want someone to laugh with and share my  day with. I want to spend time with someone that isn't just another one of my friends. 

I just wanna share my happiness with someone. Is that too hard to ask for?

Looking back up when I saw the carpeted floor come into view I knocked into something hard before stumbling back. Feeling a pulsing pain strike my nose I held it and felt the previous tears I was holding come back ten times worse. Looking back down at the floor while holding my nose I walked around the person while mumbling a quick apology. Walking off as fast I could I held back both tears of pain and loneliness. 

"Wait Y/N/N," feeling a tug at my shoulder I turned around and looked into the honey brown eyes I had a slight fascination with.

"Yes Mattheo?" 

"Are you ok? Wait, are you crying? I'm sorry."

"Yeah, I smacked my nose into you on the way in a bit too hard and now it hurts, so I'm crying. I have a sensitive nose."

"People don't usually cry when their nose is hit though."

"Yeah well I don't get into fights to form a resilience to pain, Mattheo. Is there anything else you'd like?"

"Are you ok?" Looking at him I took my hand off my face and gave the best smile I could.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just looked a bit annoyed before, that's all." Remembering why I felt like that caused my vision to blur again and I looked towards the ground to hide it. "Hey, hey Y/N/N, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Feeling his hands go on my shoulder as he tried to look at my face I sniffled a little bit before covering my face with my hands. Instantly I felt his arms go around me and lift me from the ground before he started moving. Keeping my face hidden from view I tried taking deep breaths before I felt myself be placed on something soft and silky. 

Taking my hands off of my face I looked around and noticed that I was in the slytherin boys dorm. Specifically Mattheo's. Feeling the bed dip down on the left side of me I turned over and looked at him.

"You're gonna get in trouble if someone saw you bring me in here."

"That's the least of my concerns right now. I want to know what's wrong with you." Looking into his eyes I felt my eyes water again and I tried stopping the tears from falling but failed. Attempting to dry them I started to rub harshly at my face before I felt his rough hands take mine gently and put them in my lap before gently drying my tears with the pads of his thumb. Letting myself be consumed by the feeling of his hands on my face I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

"I feel completely alone."

"Wh-"

"Everyone I know has someone or is talking to someone and I'm just there. I'm third-wheeling everyone at some point. It happens so many times during the day and it's frustrating because I want that and I don't have it. I wanna be happy with someone and I want them to be happy with me. I just want someone to be there for me and in some sense, be mine." My voice was wobbly but I noticed that Mattheo nodded his head in understanding before he got up and kneeled on the ground in front of me. 

"Y/N/N, not to be insulting, but you have to be completely oblivious if you hadn't noticed that you already have someone like that in your life."

"Who?" 

"Me. Y/N/N for the love of anything out there, have you not noticed how much I completely adore you and smile whenever you merely look at me? I wait for you after any class we share together and whenever we do projects I actually do my part instead of leaving all to you. Whenever I catch sight of you I smile and my heart does this thing where it goes really fast and, Y/N/N I like you, more than a friend. I completely adore you and I want to be the person you come to and talk about anything and everything with. Please let me be that person for you," at some point he had taken hold of my hands and held them tightly and I held his back tightly in return. Feeling my heart clench and speed up at his confession I only felt light. The heavy weight in my chest had seemingly disappeared and was only left with the harsh thumping in my chest. Feeling impulsive and giddy the more I thought of his confession I started to smile and removed my hands from his grasp before placing them on his face. 

"Really? You actually like me? Because if you do then I absolutely like you back as well but if you don't then I never said that and it was all a part of your imagination, just saying. Oh what the fuck, of course you meant it, right?" He only nodded his head and I slipped off his bed and kneeled on the floor to meet his height. "Absolutely, 100% sure? Because if you're not then it's too late because you're stuck with me already."

Feeling his hands grab mine and remove them from his face a smile overcame his features. "I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." Impulsively, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tightly. 

"I'm sorry you felt like that. I was going to ask you out differently, but I guess this also works out." Giggling at his statement I looked up and allowed our foreheads to touch. 

"Thank you, really."  He merely smiled in return and we stayed like that for a while before moving to his bed and talking about nonsense the way we usually do.