Chapter 5

"One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life".
_William Morris.

"I have an offer for you"

"Yes. Please continue, I'm all ears". he said with a stern face but his eyes were glinting with hidden mirth as he leaned on his huge chair.

I rolled my shoulders back while gazing at him, as I reminiscised my fool-proof plan to get out of this trouble.

The PLEXUS & Co were trying hard to get a patent right on the new medical equipment they have designed. But the government authorities were denying, to grant them the rights over the newly developed device.

So I and Lena came up with an idea- I will help him to access the patent rights over the device through my connections with the officials and as a thanking gesture he will reject the proposal.

It's too simple.

"I can help you to get the patent rights over the newly developed prosthetic- Stent, inturn you should reject the marriage proposal", I said examining his calculative gaze.

His action surprised me. As I expected anything but that reaction from him.

He bursted out laughing, throwing his head back. I knitted my brows in confusion.

Is he going insane with happiness?

No that couldn't be.

He finally straightened his posture adjusting his coat lapels as he stepped away from his chair.

"I see", he said as his lips curled up in a mocking smile

"That investigator of yours as done his job well, but you Ms. Deshmukh, clearly underestimated me", he said shaking his head disappointedly.

My cheeks heated up in embarrasment at that. Ofcourse the great Remington will know if anyone is trying to dig-up his company's private information.

But, wait!. What did he mean by I clearly underestimated him?