Chapter 15

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

I groan against my soft pillow trying to cover my face against the early morning sunrays that are falling directly on me

I groan against my soft pillow trying to cover my face against the early morning sunrays that are falling directly on me. I mentally kick myself for not closing the curtains last night.

I kick the comfortable sheets aside and make my way towards the bathroom still in my morning daze. I get hold of the door knob still with droopy eyes and try to rotate it but I'm confused to find a handle in place of a knob that's present in my room.

What the hell? Did my room change overnight?

"Morning, wife. Did you sleep well?"

A shiver rushes down my spine as warmth envelopes my back and hot words penetrate my ears.

That voice.

That presense.

I know. Because goosebumps erupt on my skin due to his proximity and I'm mometarily shocked and my whole body goes still for a second before I jump back and turn around with wide eyes awake now.

"You! What are you doing in my room? W.....wait. This is not my room"

I'm still in the shock at the turn of events and can't exactly speak let alone think.

I glance around the posh spacious room which is nowhere near to my cozy bedroom. Only then the fragments of yesterday's events rush back to my dazy mind and my brain starts really working.

I'm married woman now.

And......and.... this infuriatingly handsome-bastard who is smirking at me now is my husband.

I take a step back almost pressed into the door behind me to take a better look at his charming features.

He is dressed in one of his usual charismatic black suits that's tailored to his body and fits very well to his wide shoulders and lean waist.

Judging by the sight of him dressed formally early in this morning I guess he probably woke up much earlier than me.

"Seeing that look on your face, I take it as you finally realized you are not in your old home anymore"

The rumble of very familiar deep voice causes me to come back into the present situation.

I nod unconsciously but something strikes my mind.

"Wait.... last time I remembered, I was in your plane. How come I'm back here in your room?"

He just looks at me in his usual stoic face as if contemplating what type of silly question I'm asking early in the morning.

"So you carried me to your bedroom last night", I state in realization crossing my arms.

"Obviously"

He states and strides towards me with hawk-like precision until he is standing toe-to-toe near me. His hands tucked in his pockets.