Chapter 23

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."

~ George Bernard Shaw

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"BRRRIIIING!" "BRRRIIIING!"

I roll my eyes seeing the caller ID.

Mr.Remington P-096/24

"Coming. Give me a minute!", I reply in a calm tone.

"It's the tenth time you are repeating the same sentence, Samaira", I can tell that he is beyond frustrated now, which only satisifies the tiny-evil demons that are happily dancing in my mind.

"Tsk....tsk........,stop gritting your teeth, dear husband". I make a tsking sound.

Balancing my phone between my shoulder blade and ear, I finish clasping the necklace around my neck and continue in a mocking tone,"We don't want your sparkling colgate tooths to come out of their sockets now. Do we?", I ask genuinely concerned.

There is a complete silence on the other side of the line except for his harsh breathing before he continues in a calm, A very calm tone.

"Don't play this mind games with me, Samaira"

"Games?", I gasp genuinely shocked. "Sorry to tell you this Mr.Remington. But I'm too busy to play games with you. My lovely husband is taking me out for an event today".

"You are making it difficult for yourself Samaira", he releases a harsh breath before his tone turns authoritative.

"Two minutes. I will wait exactly for one eighty seconds", he growls angrily. "If you are not downstairs, infront of my fucking eyes, then my bodyguards will gladly do their jobs",

"Are you trying to threaten me?"

"Ten seconds have passed", I can imagine his arrogant face from here "Hope you can make it here in time". He presses on the last words.

In time.

That he expects me infront of him within 120 seconds. No......now within 110 seconds.

My eyes widen at the subtle hint of warning held in his calm tone.

Do I want to annoy him further?

Hell yes!

But I'm sensible enough to pick my battles.

But not now!

Now isn't the right time.

Though the tiny devils in my head, urges me to test my husband's patience limits, I can't do that.

Not when he is enough pissed to go through with his threatenings.

I'm not ready to become laughing stock infront of all his staff. I have irritated him enough from past three hours. And moreover he is yet to receive his final blow.