Chapter 21

"Grief changes shape, but it never ends."

-Keanu Reeves

❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷❀✷

It pains. Everything in my body aches. My muscles are on fire and all my facial bones hurt.

I regret it now.

Pulling an all nighter and working my brains out the entire night. All thanks to this sham of a marriage to my only three months husband and shifting countries. Responsibilities have tripled and it has become too difficult to oversee the matters from both countries.

I groan pushing away my laptop and bundles of work files along with it. Finally I slide out of the uncomfortable armchair and stare at the morning sun which is readily spilling its golden light inside the room.

I get into the shower and groan in pleasure as the hot water comes in contact with my skin almost soothing my coiled neck and back muscles. As I stand under the hot shower my mind wavers back to yesterday night. The way he just used and discarded me for a single call. No explanations. Nothing. He just ignored and threw me away like I was a mere plaything he was having fun with. My mind sours further.

How dare he?

No. The right question is, how dare me, to let my guards down infront of him?.

I sigh halting my thoughts there.

It will end. It must end.

Whatever was going on in my mind, whatever shit got into me yesterday must end right at this moment. Nick is nothing but a master-manipulator and I must be insane to let him or any other human, into my mind.

And above all, right now my armours should be raised by a feet or two, because it's not only about me now. I have to be strong for my little-fairy. Any sign of weakness and it directly affects my baby. I stare into my flat stomach with new found determination before I step out of bathroom.

I tense sensing a presence in the room. My hold on the towel tightens and my gaze swiftly drifts towards the mirror.

My breath gets knocked for a second. Nick is standing infront of the mirror his phone tucked between his shoulder blade and ear as he slowly removes his tie. His blazer is gone and top buttons of his shirt are undone and his muscles strains against his white shirt with his every movement.

I still in my place holding my breath as to not alert him. With my gaze locked on his back, I try sliding into the walk- in-closet. I slowly reach up till the door and relief washes over my features as I unlock the door ever so quietly.

With a sigh of relief I slide inside and shut the door. But something rather someone's hot stare catches through the corner of my eyes. My breathing quickens and without a second thought I harshly open the door and stare at the mirror. True to my suspicions, I'm greeted by a smirking face of Nick through mirror. Now he is standing casually, hands in his pockets.

My eyes meet his stormy ones and he winks. He Bloody winks at me.

I stare at him dumbfounded. My eyes unblinking. My mouth opens and shuts on its own accord. Not clearly knowing what to say or do.

Bloody charmer.

Fuck you and your charming skills. I'm not going to be affected by this. With a final glare I slam the door shut on his smirking face.

The nerve of him to come home after spending whole night at God knows where and behave as if nothing happened last night.

I let out an irritated growl as I slam shut the refrigerator door followed by the cabinet doors in the kitchen. Charlie is throwing irritated glances at me while waiting for her noble highness to make his presence at the breakfast table.