Chapter 10 : E.C.A.E Foundation

After Eleanor had fully healed but still had scars from Alexander's katana, they all packed their weapons and things. Eleanor then opened a portal and they stepped through it. In front of them was a giant futuristic building with four spikes on each corner, and the building was 560 meters big. Their jaws dropped as Eleanor giggled at their expressions.

Eleanor: "Wow, you guys look like you've never seen a building before."

They all nodded.

Hunter: "I was raised by myself in the forest and never had any interactions with humans besides eating them."

Alexander: "I was raised in a clan and couldn't leave our grounds."

Alice: "I was raised by Yale..."

Alexander and Hunter remembered Yale's sacrifice, and they immediately went silent as sorrow filled the air.

Eleanor was confused but saw that Yale was a person they respected, and she realized she had probably passed away.

Eleanor: "Did she pass away?"

Eleanor asked quietly.

Hunter: "She gave her life so she could save us."

Hunter looked infuriated that he was so weak.

Eleanor: "It must be hard having to deal with that kind of guilt..."

Eleanor to herself: "I know what it feels like."

Eleanor then went inside the building along with the others, and they saw a bunch of advanced weapons and technology. Eleanor then took them to her room and showed them all the artifacts they had collected.

Eleanor: "These are my most prized artifacts. Break them, and I'll break you~"

Eleanor: "Anyway, this is the cloak of Unmei. Unmei is the god of fate in Tsugukuni mythology. You know, the clan that was 'hidden' from the world."

Eleanor then showed them an old book about the Tsugukuni family.

"Yeah, the clan is fake, but this cloak does give the power of invisibility."

Alexander to himself: "Hidden from the world?"

Alexander: "Eleanor... I'm from the Tsugukuni clan!!"

Eleanor laughed at Alexander's remark.

Eleanor: "Nice joke. The Tsugukuni family is just an urban legend from the mythology."

Alexander: "Then explain why the mark you showed me is also on my sword."

Alexander showed his katana, and it had the Tsugukuni family logo, just like Eleanor had shown them in the book.

Eleanor: "What!... But that's?!... No, it's!... I'm keeping an eye on you, 'Mr. Tsugukuni'."

Eleanor walked out of the room frustrated about her inaccuracy about history, but after a couple of minutes, she returned.

Eleanor: "Okay, the Tsugukunis are real... That explains your power over ice, but it also means you have a curse."

Alexander: "A curse? What do you mean!?"

Hunter and Alice looked worried and shocked.

Hunter: "I ain't letting my friend die!"

Eleanor: "Well, he might. The curse is the mark of Unmei. A strange mark will appear after you turn 23, and it will increase your heartbeat in fights, causing you to gain superhuman strength. Yet 90% of the people in the Tsugukuni family have died because of this curse."

Alice said, "That sounds... well, awful!"

Alice exclaimed, "Alexander is 18, that means he only has 5 more years to live!"

Alexander was shocked and distressed by this newfound information. He stuttered, "I-I need to sit down..."

Eleanor commented, "Well, another one down for the count..."

Hunter growled, his mask nearly falling off. He said, "Our friend is gonna die and all you say is 'well'?!

Eleanor responded, "Look Hunter, I know what this feels like, but I see death every day. I've grown used to it... It's just a part of life we gotta deal with."

Hunter angrily replied, "How dare you fucking say that... I WILL RIP YOUR SPINE OUT!"

Hunter charged at Eleanor, but Eleanor used her telekinesis to freeze him in place.

Eleanor warned him, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Did you forget we're in a building filled with E.C.A.E members, some of which are stronger than me? If you attack me, it'll be an act of war against the foundation."

Alice said, "It's not worth it, Hunter."

Hunter calmed down and looked at Alice and Alexander.

After a few hours, Alexander, Alice, and Hunter officially joined the foundation and got their first mission with Eleanor.

Alexander asked, "What rank are you guys? I'm Rank D Grade-1."

Alice exclaimed, "WHAT? I'm only F Grade-2! Did you cheat on the power exams?"

Hunter replied, "Alice, I even got a better rank than you, F Grade-1."

Alice was about to yell at Hunter, but then she noticed Eleanor. She greeted her, saying, "Hi Eleanor."

Eleanor asked, "Did you guys get your ranks and the mission?"

Alexander responded, "Yep, and our weapons are upgraded. But we didn't get the mission."

Eleanor said, "Get your snorkels ready. We're going to the Bermuda Triangle to capture a demon."

Hunter asked, "What's a snorkel?" as Alexander and Alice facepalmed