Chapter 37 : Hellscape

After Kaizo's body imploded due to the Long-Haired Stranger, Alexander felt relieved that the battle was finally over. He fell onto the ground, coughing up blood everywhere. He decided it was best for him to get up and go find some help because of the severity of his injuries. He started to walk, but his legs went limp, and he had to hang onto the trees to continue.

The pile of Kaizo's blood soaked into the earth, and after an hour of Alexander trying to get to the base, the grass went completely black, and the trees started to wilt. Then, the ground became mushy, almost flesh-like and darker. Suddenly, everything in the entire forest was gone, leaving only some leaves and twigs. The area then became completely black, and a vine made out of flesh sprouted, cutting through Alexander. He regenerated, but his regeneration became slower and slower as more vines and tendrils came out of the ground. They began to swarm Alexander, punching him, barraging him with cuts and bruises, and ripping him apart slowly, again and again.

Alexander then was able to get his scythe and cut through some of the tendrils. He tried to freeze the terrain, but the ice melted; his powers were ineffective

As the vines continued to attack and tear him apart, Alexander did his best to protect himself, swinging his scythe frantically to block as many cuts and wounds as possible. Even though he was able to cut some off with his scythe, the vines kept regenerating and coming at him full force. One vine managed to sneak past Alexander’s blade and wrapped around his neck. It pulled tight, cutting off Alexander’s air supply and preventing him from reaching his scythe. As the vines continued to barrage him, Alexander grew weaker and weaker, feeling himself growing fatigued.

As the attacks continued, the vines eventually overpowered Alexander, and he collapsed onto the ground. He was helpless, and he felt himself get weaker and weaker as the vines kept attacking. He could feel the vines wrapping around his body, trapping him in an inescapable embrace. With one last burst of energy, he used his aura to freeze all of the plants around him, hoping to buy himself enough time to recover. However, the vines still kept growing and growing, wrapping around Alexander more tightly as he struggled to breathe.

Suddenly A giant Hole opened up that resembled A mouth with hundreads of rows of teeth,Alexander felt fear and suddenly his rage mode activated kicking himself out of the vines grasp and brutally ripping them out one by one then he made a giant ice block that went into the Hole, Alexander then went into the mouth and cut all of the teeth off as he noticed that there was a tunnel underneath
He then Jumped down As The Hole closed,He cut through the vines inside the tunnel then he notices that more and more tunnels were forming,He decided to go to the core.

He ran through the expansing Tunnels Slicing all the growing tendrils and vines in his way,Then he found a giant room filled with eggs,then he noticed those were gargoyle eggs and they started hatching the same gargoyles that they fought a few hours ago,He sliced some of them down, but the grounds absorbed them again snd popped out new eggs,So Alexander knew that he had to take out whatever was causing this he continued his journey throughout the tunnels.

Meanwhile, Eleanor and Evelyn came back to find out whether Alexander was alive or not and ran into the vines. However, they weren't attacking; they were merging into giant towers. Evelyn immediately tried cutting down the towers, but smaller vines attacked her. Eleanor used her telekinesis to immobilize the vines for a moment so Evelyn could dodge. Then, Evelyn jumped onto one of the vines and severed it in two.

As the severed vine fell to the ground, the tower shuddered and began to collapse. Eleanor and Evelyn swiftly retreated, narrowly avoiding being crushed by the crumbling vines. But their victory was short-lived as more vines started to sprout from the ground, rapidly growing and intertwining to form new towers.