Chapter 15 : Showdown

After Aqua attacked the shadowy figure, it let out a giant screech that was so high-pitched it exploded every mermaid except the one resistant to Captain Marsalu's dark manipulation.

Mermaid: "What is that?"
Aqua: "That is an inner spirit, a representation of the user's powers. Basically, he let all of his strength out of his body, and unless it kills us, that guy is dead."

Mermaid: "So I should run?"
Aqua: "Yes, Aqua thinks you should get the heck out of here."

As the mermaid ran away, the inner spirit tried to crush her. Aqua grabbed the inner spirit's foot, slammed it back into the ground, and then attempted to rip off its arms. However, the inner spirit punched Aqua, barraging her with attacks. It then created a sword, impaling Aqua's tail and headbutting her, causing an earthquake. Aqua retaliated by firing a water beam that nearly pierced the inner spirit's chest.

The inner spirit punched Aqua right on time, picked her up, threw her into the air, and stabbed her gills. But then Aqua transformed into an octopus, sending thousands of tentacles to kill the inner spirit.

Aqua's octopus form unleashed a barrage of tentacles, each moving with a fluid precision. The inner spirit, caught off guard, struggled to fend off the relentless assault. Aqua's determination fueled her transformation, and the battle escalated into a chaotic war of water and shadows.

The inner spirit conjured a shield of dark energy, deflecting some of the tentacles, but Aqua adapted swiftly, manipulating the water to create a whirlpool that dragged the spirit into its depths. As the inner spirit fought against the watery vortex, Aqua seized the opportunity to launch more tentacles, aiming for vulnerable spots.

Despite the relentless onslaught, the inner spirit displayed uncanny resilience. It summoned a burst of dark energy, dispelling the whirlpool and creating a shockwave that sent Aqua reeling. As Aqua regrouped, the inner spirit morphed into a shadowy serpent, coiling around her with blinding speed.

Aqua, however, transformed into a giant jellyfish, releasing a stunning burst of bioluminescence. The inner spirit recoiled momentarily, allowing Aqua to regain control. She seized the chance to entwine the serpent form with her tentacles, squeezing tightly and restricting its movements.

The inner spirit, undeterred, dispersed into darkness, evading Aqua's grasp. It then reformed into a towering, humanoid figure, emanating an aura of darkness that seemed to absorb the surrounding light. Aqua, determined to overcome the formidable adversary, gathered her strength and transformed into a colossal wave.

The wave crashed over the inner spirit, momentarily submerging it in a sea of water. Aqua, now in her original mermaid form, hovered above the water's surface, watching for any signs of movement. The inner spirit, however, emerged unscathed, its form shifting and contorting in unnatural ways.

In response, Aqua tapped into her connection with the ocean, summoning a legion of aquatic creatures to protecz her. Dolphins, sharks, and giant squids joined the battle, attacking the inner spirit from various angles. The shadowy figure struggled to fend off the onslaught, creating barriers of darkness to deflect the relentless assaults.

As the battle raged on, the surroundings became a chaotic battleground of water, shadows, and mystical energies. Aqua and the inner spirit engaged in a fierce exchange of blows, each unleashing their unique powers in a desperate brawl for survival.

Amidst the battle, the mermaid who had fled earlier returned, wielding a relic that resonated with the god keiko's light manipulation. She channeled its power, creating a barrier that repelled the inner spirit momentarily. Aqua, recognizing the opportunity, merged her abilities with the mermaid's, combining water and light manipulation .