Chapter 18 : Confrontation Pt2

After June cut off the roof of the building, Hunter created golden claws and began clashing with June, barely avoiding her blows until a swarm of gargoyles appeared and attacked him with a barrage of slashes. But then, Eleanor teleported them away and opened a portal where Captain Kotaro appeared. He summoned dozens of vines that impaled several gargoyles and even summoned a poisonous flower that released gas so toxic it could paralyze nearly anyone.

And immobilized dozens of the gargoyles, but then the Blade of Agony grew red.

June: "SCORCHING CLEAVE!"

June cut through the vines and the building's foundation, causing it to cave in, but not before Hunter was able to throw a dagger into June's shoulder.

All of them were able to escape from the collapsing building.

Hunter: "Where is that bitch!"

Eleanor: "It was stupid to attack her like that without telling us!"

Hunter: "That deceiving bitch would have sliced all of us in half."

Captain Marsalu: "I can't believe I couldn't sense the danger... wait, where are Ashley and Kotaro?"

Hunter: "Damnit! Eleanor, you and Marsalu stick together and head south! I'll scout the area."

Eleanor: "Why would we go south? The building is north!"

Hunter: "Gargoyles are cold-blooded; they rely on the sun to keep them warm so they won't freeze."

Captain Marsalu: "Are you sure you can manage by yourself?"

Hunter: "Don't worry, I can."

Hunter summons his golden wings and flies around to scout the area. Meanwhile, Captain Kotaro and Ashley were walking through a forest.

Captain Kotaro: "Where are we?"

Ashley: "We're in purgatory."

Captain Kotaro: "What do you mean, like that hell that people die go to?"

Ashley: "Basically, a border between worlds. We have 24 hours before the chase begins."

Captain Kotaro: "What chase?"

Ashley: "Listen, in 24 hours, the Silent One, basically the grim reaper, will try to capture us. So, we have some time to escape."

Captain Kotaro: "It's like a room where we have to find the exit or else we lose/die?"

Ashley: "Well, it's bigger than a room, but the important thing is that it will try to capture and keep us as prisoners until we get divine judgment."

Captain Kotaro: "We could make that into a real thing called Breakout house!"

Ashley: "What kind of lunatic would wanna spend money to escape from a room with a time limit? And also, we should focus on surviving, not starting companies."

Captain Kotaro: "You're right... but one day, financial independence will be mine!"

After nearly an hour, they found an abandoned prison that still had people in it.

Captain Kotaro: "Shouldn't we free them?"

Ashley smiled under her mask.

Ashley: "If we try to interfere with the Silent One, he might try to capture us immediately."

Captain Kotaro: "You're probably right. Let's go."

After some more time, a pack of gargoyles attacked them. Ashley used her whip sword to skin one brutally and crush another one's skull, while Captain Kotaro summoned vines to impale and absorb the gargoyles. But then, a giant hellhound appeared and bit off Captain Kotaro's arm.