Living the Life of a Pregnant Woman

"Today's November 19, 2007 at 9:45 AM. It's a gorgeous Monday morning with only sunshine. There's no rain in sight. Vinny has some interesting news for us this morning. What's it like over there?" The news announcer, Lilly Marcia, says. Nikki and I sat in the waiting room of my doctors office with Teagon on Nikki's lap. This was my first check up for the eighth baby. "Richards." A young woman stands up and walks to the window. "Clark." After a few minutes, another girl was called, except she went through the door with a nurse. We waited 30 more minutes due to a back up and poor Tiggy started whining. "Honey, when we're done, we'll get some food. Don't worry." I say, trying to keep her calm. She wanted food now and not later. "Momma, now!" She pouts. "Teagon Lee Sixx, stop right now." Nikki says, grabbing her up and holding her like a little baby. That stopped her. "Cobb." "Oh, finally." I mutter. We leave with the nurse and enter the ultrasound room.

Only another 30 minutes later, I had gel on my stomach and the sound of heartbeats in the room. Yes, two heartbeats. "Looks like there's two little ones in there. Where do the twins come from in the family?" Dr. Smith asks. "It isn't Nikki's side. It might be my side. I'm not sure." I say, thinking. "Okay, so here, is the little boy. Come here, Dad. Is this your first?" She asks. We laugh. "No, this will be our eighth and ninth. Nikki has three kids from his first marriage, one from his second, and five from me." I explain, looking at the screen. "Wow. Rockstars, huh?" She mumbles, shaking her head. I glare at her. "Babe, there boys. Two boys." He says, holding my hand. "No girls?" I ask. He shakes his head with a smile. "Damn. We're outnumbered." I say, laughing. Dr. Smith prints out our pictures and wipes off the gel from my stomach, releasing me. "I'll see you in a month or two." She says as we walk out.

"Food!!" Tiggy shouts, reaching for her bowl of watermelon. "So, for Thanksgiving, Haley and her family are coming here." I say, eating the pizza we ordered. "Okay, when will they be here?" Nikki asks, sitting next to Tiggy. "She said Wednesday. I don't know if she'll actually be here on time though." I say, taking a drink of some water. The doorbell rings and Teagon jumps out of her seat, running for the door. "Teagon Lee, do not open that door." Nikki says, looking at the car in the driveway. "Who is it?" I ask Nikki. "I don't know. It looks like a rental car. Should I open it?" He asks, keeping Tiggy away from the door. "I guess, hold on." I pick up Teagon and stand next to him. He opens the door and Haley, Kyle, and the twins stand there. "Jesus, what are you doing here?" I ask after Nikki opens the door for them. "Well, we came to surprise you. We are amazed by your house. It's beautiful." Haley says, hugging me. "Thank you. Nikki found it for us." I say, putting Tiggy down. "Finish your watermelon then you can play." I tell her, patting her butt. "Do you want something to drink? Water, tea, soda?" I ask. "Do you have any juice, Aunt Abby?" Sarah asks, looking at me. "Yeah, I have apple juice, orange juice, and cranberry juice." I say, getting a cup for her and Brendan. "I'd like orange juice, please. Brendan, what do you want?" Sarah asks. "Orange juice." He says, quietly. "Please." Sarah says, rolling her eyes. I pour them the juice and hand them the cups. "Thank you, Aunt Abby." They say. "You're welcome, sweeties." I say. "Nikki has beers in the garage." I say, walking towards the garage. "I'd like one, please." Kyle says, following me. "Okay, here. Nikki keeps them in here so the kids don't get to them. It's safer that way." I say, handing him one of the beers from the fridge. "Thanks." He says, smacking my ass. My reflexes are fast. I grab his wrist, putting him in a wrist lock. "Do not touch me again. Your wife is in the living room and she loves you dearly. If you ever touch me again, I will not hesitate to kill you." I growl. "Got it." He says, obviously in pain. I let him go and find Nikki. "Nikki, I swear to fucking god that if Kyle puts his hands on me again, I will fucking kill him." I say, storming into our bedroom. Nikki was putting Teagon to bed for her nap, which I had totally forgotten about in all my rage. "Shit. Is she still asleep?" I whisper ask. "Yeah. Let's talk in another room." He says, guiding me out. I can tell he's pissed. "What the fuck happened?" He asks as soon as we're in the backyard. "I went to the garage to get him a beer and he slapped my ass. I put him in a wrist lock and told him if he touched me again, I'd kill him. " I say, shaking. "I know you can take care of yourself, but stay close to Haley. I need to go to the studio. The guys called. I'll be back soon." He says, pulling me close to him. "Alright." I say, annoyed. Him leaving wasn't making the situation any better. But, this is what I knew would happened.

The kids came home from their last day of school for the week, did their homework, and we had supper without Nikki. This hasn't happened in a while. "When's Daddy coming home?" Frankie asks, after tucking her in. "Soon, I hope. But, don't worry. He'll be here in the morning. Now, sleep. I love you. Goodnight. Sweet dreams." I say, turning off the light and slightly shutting the door. I go downstairs to my room, slide the glass doors all the way opened, and crawl into bed after turning off the lights.

"Baby, wake up! Abby! Abigail! Wake up!" I wake up to Nikki's frantic shaking. "I wrote this!" He hands me a piece of paper scribbled on.

"It feels like thunder
When we're slowly digging in
It kind of makes me wonder
About the lovers that have been

Lying in my bed with her hands tied up
I knew it all along that it wasn't enough

Cause when I got a taste of you
I found something to sink my teeth into

[Chorus:]
It's an ache that never heals
It's the deepest cut you feel
It's the thing in you that feeds
The animal in me
It's the darker side of lust
It's the other side of us
It's the thing in you that feeds
The animal in me

I want to be your last breath
Before we suffocate
A kiss you can't forget
Like a wedding on a rainy day

The chills keep shooting down the back of my neck
Like a freight train pounding in the pit of my chest

Cause when I got a taste of you
I found something to sink my teeth into

[Chorus]

[Solo]

It's a hurt that never heals
It's the deepest cut you feel
It's the thing in you that feeds
The animal in me

[Chorus]"

"Nikki, is this wh-" I start to say before hearing his little snores. He'd fallen asleep wearing his leather jacket, leather pants, and combat boots while half hanging off the bed. I crawl out of bed, going to his side, and take off his boots, pants, and jacket. I slowly slide his rings off and push him fully onto the bed. "Goodnight, Nikki. I love you." I say, getting back into bed.