19. VIHANG

"Maa once told me I'll have someone's blood on my hands and I guess it's you" I said and glared at Vartika. After helping Panchi with her car I drove to my massi's place. My family was already there. Apparently Massu and Massi had invited one of their family friends for dinner. Although the main reason was to introduce their son Yash to Vartika. "Shut up and do as I told you. And Vihu if you fuck this up I swear I'll torture you till I die" she said and left the kitchen. I'm supposed to scare that boy and tell him to refuse her for marriage. I scoffed and was heading to the drawing room when Massi stopped me.

"Whatever your sister has told you to do don't" she said and went to the kitchen. I sat with Sid who was texting Abheer all the details. This reminded of my little sparrow. But I rather focused on the current situation. "Vartika beta what are your future plans" Yash's mother asked Vartika and she faked smiled and answered in a shyly. "Who is this and what has she done with our Tiku di" Sid said and chuckled softly. I told him to shut up and keep his phone away. Just then my phone buzzed. I checked the notification and it was Panchi's text. I was about to reply when Maa asked me and Sid to take Vartika and Yash to the lawn and make him comfortable.

"Yash do you drink or smoke" I asked him and started with the plan. He stared at me as if deciding to tell the truth or lie. I don't blame him to be honest. Before he could answer Vartika spoke for him. "Stop making him uncomfortable Vihu" she said and shook her head lightly. I gave her a confused look but then I understood that she liked him. I asked Sid to come with me and let them talk alone. We both came back in the house and I went in the kitchen where both Maa and Massi were discussing something. "Vihu what did you and Vartika planned? Don't sabotage this meeting I'm warning you" Maa said but I assured her that Vartika like this guy and she is talking to him.

After about two hours my phone buzzed in my pocket. I unlocked it and realised I forgot to open Panchi's text. I opened her text and replied to her. Her text made me smile which was caught by Massi. "What is her name" she asked me and picked the empty bowl from the table. The guests were leaving so Maa called Massi out before I could say anything. She handed me the bowl and left. I sighed and followed her praying that she forgets this and doesn't tell Maa anything. "I'll see you next week" Yash told Vartika who blushed and nodded in response. After they left I asked Vartika what was all that about. "Oh he likes basketball so I invited him for your game next week" she said and shrugged her shoulders casually. So now my match was her date night. Everyone discussed and chatted for another hour. I was tired so told Maa and went back home.