21. VIHANG

"Stop checking me out like in public little sparrow" I said and she startled. Since both my basketball competition and Panchi's play were in a week so I decided to skip classes and make equal time for both things. After my morning practice I directly came to the rehearsal hall without changing because I thought I was late. But I instead I reached early. Panchi saw me and couldn't keep her eyes off me. She was about to reply when her phone rang and she answered.

"Hello? Oh hi uncle" she said and continued the call walking inside. I followed her to the empty hall since we were the first ones to come. Sid came in after a few minutes and gave me a weird look. "You stink" he said and covered his nose dramatically. I rolled my eyes and showed him a middle finger. He shook his head and started scrolling his phone. My phone buzzed and I opened it. "Oh and Zoya invited us to her Eid party this Saturday" he said I hummed him and opened Kashaf's text. It was an invite to the same party Sid mentioned. "I know Kashaf just texted me."

"Rehearsal is postponed till four. I just received a text from Jasmine" Sid said and sighed. Panchi rolled her eyes and picked her bag. "I guess now we can celebrate early" Sid told Panchi who again rolled her eyes and nodded. I gave Sid a confused look. He told me about Panchi's internship at her dad's company. He called Abheer to ask him about his schedule.

"Congratulations little sparrow. I'm proud of you" I told her. She thanked me and asked me to join them for lunch. Obviously I couldn't refuse her. "Sorry P I know I made the plan but I can't come with you guys. I completely forgot about my eco assignment" Sid told Panchi and she got upset. He told her even Abheer couldn't come because of some extra classes. "Its fine we'll go some other time" Panchi said and faked smiled. Sid told her to go out with me anyways. I remained silent while Sid and Panchi talked. He managed to persuade her eventually.

"So where do you want to go sweetheart" I asked Panchi as we sat in my car. This was the first time we both were going out together. She was wearing a green kurti with jeans. She was trying her hair with a clutch. I removed it and her hair opened. "What are you doing Vihang" she said irritated and I smiled. I kept her clutch in my pocket before she could ask for it. "Your hair look good like this baby" I told her and bent towards her to tie her seatbelt. Her heart was beating fast. She froze and her breathing slowed. I untangled her hair which got stuck in her jhumka. She stared at me but didn't repulse my touch. She thought I was going to kiss her so she closed her eyes. But I returned to my seat and started the car.