20. PANCHI

I was excited to work with dad so I woke up early and got dressed for college. I called Sid and asked him about his plans. He was late because of some family dinner they had last night. He told me he'd explain the rest later so I hung up the call. Suddenly I remembered that Vihang took two hours to reply to my text. Now I know why. I don't know why but I thought he was out on a date or something. "Didi don't leave without having breakfast" Manju didi said as I picked my car keys. I asked her if dad had left or he was still home. I always make sure not to cross his way as much as possible. But after last night I want to spend more time with him. So when Manju didi said he's still home I decided to have breakfast.

"Good morning dad" I said when he was walking down the stairs. He was dressed in his regular office formals. He nodded and sat down beside. Didi served his tea and newspaper. "I've sent your contact number to Gopal ji. He will call you today" he said and started reading his newspaper. A big smile spread on my face but I tried to keep a neutral expression. "Thank you pa. Dad. I won't disappoint you" I said but he kept reading his paper. When I was a kid I called him paa but after my mom left and his business took off he told me to call him dad because that was more modern.

"You are in a good mood today" Sid asked me as soon as he entered the class. I was waiting for him since fifteen minutes. I told him about my internship plans and that dad agreed to it. He screamed and jumped like a little girl. Everyone was staring at us so we left the class. "We have to celebrate this P. let's go and get drunk" he said. I chuckled and showed him the time on my phone and he rolled his eyes. It was not even nine in the morning. We decided to attend college till afternoon then we'll call Abheer and then go out for lunch.

"Hey guys. How are you?" Zoya came from behind and asked. She was my classmate and Sid's close family friend. They both are neighbours and went to school together. "Thank God I found you both together. Not that you both ever separate" she continued without giving any of us a chance to speak. Once she starts its impossible for anyone to interrupt her. I guess that's why she was a debate champion. "Anyways I want to invite you both to my Eid party day after tomorrow on Saturday" she said and smiled looking at both of us. She said she'll send the invite via text too and made us promise to come and not ditch her because it's a small party and she invited only a few of her friends.After class Sid and I went to for rehearsals where Vihang was already waiting. He was still in his basketball clothes and was sweaty. Sid left to attend Abheer's call so it was only Vihang and me. "Stop checking me out like this in public little sparrow" he said and I startled.