EPILOGUE

"Come on Vihu, it's your only sister's wedding. If you don't dance, who will" Vartika urged, grabbing Vihang's arm. We all were in Jaipur to attend Vartika's destination wedding. Her marriage rituals postponed due some death in Yash bhaiya's family. Yash bhaiya is also a single child and all his close cousins live abroad. Over the past six months we grew really close, and just like that I found a sibling in him.

"Yes Vihu, you should dance" I teased Vihang and grabbed his arm. He caught my hand and pulled me closer to him. He started dancing with me, looking in my eyes. Our relationship was only six months old, but it feels like I've known Vihang all my life. "I dance only with you, little sparrow" he whispered in my ear, which made me blush.

The song changed so Sid pulled me to dance with him since it was our favourite party song. Vihang stood at a distance, smiling, as he watched me dance. I saw him and mouthed "what" he shook his head and continued smiling. In a blink he was out of my sight. I turned, only to find him pulling me into a hug.

After dancing our hearts out, we all went to grab a bite. Vartika introduced us to some of her friends who were completing their post-graduation from Jaipur itself. "Guys, this is Rishit, Yug and that's Adhika" Vartika said. She asked us to keep her company and make them comfortable.

Rishit and Yug were Vartika's college friends. Adhika was a junior in Rishit's college and his good friend, so he tagged her along. She looked a little awkward in all older people so I took her with me. "Thank you for the rescue" She said while sipping her cocktail.

We talked for about fifteen minutes. She was a really sweet and kind girl. I noticed Yug staring at her. I wondered if they were a couple. I didn't want to ask about her personal life but curiosity won the best of me. "Are you and Yug together?" I finally asked her. Her drink spilled from her mouth at my question. I immediately apologised and regretted my question.

"Opposite actually. I prefer to stay as far away as possible from that asshole" she said looking in his direction. I chuckled remembering how I use to think the same way about Vihang. She looked at me with a confused expression so I shot her an apologetic look.

Finally after the sangeet function ended, Vihang and I went back to his room. I removed my jewellery and changed into my nightwear. Vihang checked his email on his laptop while occasionally glancing at me. Gopal uncle called so I got worried. I immediately answered his call. It was nothing alarming though. He just wanted to remind me of tomorrow's online meeting.

"Sometimes I really don't understand what terms uncle use. Ugh. I hope the meeting goes smoothly" I thought aloud. My dad's company was going well so far and my mother also finally left my life again, for good this time. I took a deep breath. Vihang closed his laptop and came close to me.

"Don't worry, you'll do great. And you can always record your calls and listen later" he said tucking a curl behind my ear. Before he could do anything else I picked my phone and opened the settings. His idea was actually nice so I didn't want to forget it. To my surprise, my phone already recorded all conversations.

I played the first recording under Vihang's name. "I know as a matter of fact, that asshole never deserved a girl you in the first place. You deserve the moon and the stars and the whole fucking universe. You deserve to be loved like you are the only girl on this planet. You don't know your own worth and how important you are to some people and yet you choose to cry over someone who doesn't even deserves a single drop of your tears"

Tears streamed down my eyes when I heard the recording. I wondered how I got so lucky to have someone who loved me this much. I saw him and he pulled me into his embrace. "I love you Vihang, I love you so much"