Chapter 18: A Talk With Sonic

3:37A.M. - Sonic: I've been waiting for you to ask

Amy gasps both at the fact Sonic had been wanting to talk with her and that it only took him a minute to answer. "Guess he's not just quick at running!" Amy jokes to herself. The two text and decide to meet at Rouge's Pizza in 10 minutes (they were the only place open late, besides Denny's — but after the play disaster that didn't feel right). She runs over the two possible outcome of dating Sonic in her head before getting in her car and heading out.

• • •

Sonic paced back and forth in his bedroom. "She actually wants to talk..." Sonic muttered to himself in disbelief. "Could it be about the kiss?" he pondered, "or maybe she just wants me to help her get Knuckles back..." The Blue Blur decided to keep his mind clear until he speaks with Amy. He puts on a fresh pair of gloves, tightens his laces, and runs to their meeting.

• • •

The two end up arriving at the same time. As they walk up to one another Amy goes for a hug but Sonic holds out for a respectful handshake. "Oh! Um, yeh we can do that!" Amy says putting out her hand while Sonic opens his arms. The two awkwardly laugh and decide to forget the whole thing. Sonic opens up the door for Amy and they enter.

Amy orders a slice of pepperoni pizza, whereas Sonic begs for a chili dog. The two receive their foods and they sit in the empty dining room. Faintly the song "Escape From The City" plays. Silently they eat, hoping the other would begin the conversation. Amy, being the feminist she is, speaks up. "So...Sonic..." his eyes dart directly to hers. "Yes?" he questions. Amy takes a deep breath.

"I've been thinking about things...Specifically our kiss" Sonic chokes on his glizzy shocked at the reminder of what happened. "Sorry," he manages to get out, "went down the wrong pipe." Amy smiles showing it's okay. She continues, "Well, I've been giving it some thought. What if it did happen for a reason. I mean everyone thought you and I were destined so it's a sign, right?" Sonic looks longingly into Amy's eyes carefully selecting his next words.

"Amy, I've been thinking about it too...And..."