Chapter 9: A Talk with Sonic

Amy and Knuckles follow Sonic to the kitchen. There is sweat dripping on their brows.
"Maybe it's not about us dating," whisper Knuckles to Amy, "Shhh!" replied Amy.

"I've got something to ask you two," said Sonic "it's kind of important..." Knuckles takes a deep breath "Look, Sonic, we've been meaning to tell you," Amy cuts him off, "THAT... You talk to us about whatever and whenever you want!" Amy looks at Knuckles and smiles.

"Uh... Right. *ahem* So. I wanted to get your opinion on what to get Tails for his birthday!"
Knuckles smiles "OH. YES. RIGHT. OF COURSE. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Amy and Sonic look at Knuckles confused.

"Anyways, I was thinking a drone or something." Amy nodded, "Yeh, I think he'd really like that. I was thinking about getting him a new tool set." Sonic smiled "Nice choice Ms. Rose," he playfully punches her shoulder, "but I knew you would choose something great - a smart cute girl like yourself." Amy blushes, "Oh, Sonic, you're too sweet."

Knuckles started to look angry. His red face turned even redder. "Wow, Sonic. Pretty flirty there, huh? Hahaha" said Knuckles. Sonic looked down and smiled "Well what can I say? I have good taste."

Knuckles stormed out the room.
"What's that about?" Sonic asked?
"OH! You know Knuckles, always angry. That's him!" Amy covered. Sonic agreed. Amy excused herself and went to look for Knuckles in the house but he was nowhere to be found.