Chapter 12: Enter Eggman

"There is NO WAY we are allowing Dr. Eggman to act in this play, he's just going to sabotage everything! He cannot be trusted" screams Amy. Tails places his hand gently on Amy's shoulder. "Amy, I talked to him. For once...He's on our side." Knuckles and Amy look over at Eggman only to see him nodding in agreement. "If I'm being honest," the Eggman takes a beat, "I've always rooted for you two. I don't know why but I've just always seen you as a couple, never you and Sonic. That's just a disaster waiting to happen." Knuckles laughs to himself, Amy nods agreeing, for once they side with Eggman.

"Look, I want things to be back to normal as much as you do. I miss chasing you and trying to kill you, respectfully of course." The three friends nod, they understand. "Alright," Knuckles starts, "But do you have any acting experience? Tonic is a very important role" Dr. Eggman laughs jollily. "Knuckles, I studied drama at the (University) North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston Salem, NC. I was born for the stage." Amy replies, "Well, that would explain all your seemingly random and dramatic monologues that happen every time we see you." Eggman shrugs, "What can I say? It's in my blood." Eggman bows at the three friends.

Everyone stands there in silence for a moment, until Knuckles breaks the silence. "So, what exactly is the story?" Tails smiles, "Well," Tails speaks, "It's about a girl, Shamey, and a boy, Cuckles. They meet and fall in love, only Shamey's friend Tonic keeps flirting with Shamey, even though he isn't a good match for Shamey. Then, Snails comes in and tries to distract Tonic from the couple, only...Well...Let's just say things take a turn for the worse." Amy gulps, "I hope it isn't a factual ending..." she says. Tails quickly shakes his head no, "OF COURSE IT'S NOT! You two will be forever happy together, I just know it!"

Dr. Eggman speaks up, "Well, Sonic is out grocery shopping -- and that always takes hours. Why don't we have a read through really quickly?" Everyone nods.

Over the next three hours the gang and newly formed cast read through the story. Laughs are had, tears are shed. But one thing is for certain...This will surely get the point across.