Chapter 16 - Part 2 (extra chapter)

I've been pacing around my room for the past hour, with Coldplay softly playing the background. "I'm not in denial." I said, as if trying to convince myself.

Emma's words kept repeatedly echoing in my head, "You're in denial." She said, and she seemed so sure of it.

I groaned in frustration and threw myself on my bed. "Ugh. I'm not in denial." I said it again, this time a little bit louder. Then I came to the realisation that I shouldn't even be having this argument with myself. Actually, I shouldn't be talking to myself at all. "I shouldn't be thinking about this. It shouldn't even bother me."

"Sweetie, who are you talking to?" My Mum yelled from behind my bedroom door.

I sat up and extended my arm to reach my iPod speakers to lower the volume, "Nobody, I'm just singing!" I swiftly lied.

"Okay, just keep it down!"

I leaned back and fell onto the bed again. "What am I even doing?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "Why am I even talking to myself?" I frowned, realising that I had just done it again.

I buried my face into my pillow and let the music drown out my thoughts. There was no point in thinking about what Emma said because it doesn't matter.

I like Jason and that's that.