Chapter 22

Emma drove me home, she kept taking her eyes off the road to glance at me. I think she was still worried that I would burst into tears at any moment which I found rather amusing. The ride back consisted of Emma insisting that Dylan and I had to figure everything out, and soon. I simply laughed and shook my head at her.

"Seriously, Aves, sort yourselves out." Emma chuckled. "It's now or never, right?"

I rolled my eyes at her, "And what if I say never?"

She frowned, "Never say never."

"I'll keep that in mind," I smiled.

When that conversation died, silence fell and surrounded us in the car like a musky cloud of air. I decided to put some music on just to break the silence. Unfortunately, it was Emma's car so it was her CD that began playing so the second music started playing, she got a little bit excited.

"This is my jam!" She screamed enthusiastically and turned the volume up so high that I think I could feel my ear drums vibrating to the beat.

I considered telling her to turn it down because I was going deaf but I opted not to. Instead I joined in and sang along. After all, what are best friends for?

Half-way through one of Nicki Minaj's songs, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I fished it out, careful not to let Emma see because the name that flashed on the screen was Dylan's.

You, me and a movie. Tomorrow. Sound good? –Dylan

I typed a quick reply, Okay.