I miss you, Im sorry

Season 10, episode 8

Daryl punches Dante in the face. Dantes all tied up spitting out blood. Nylas sitting infront of him with her hands on her knees. "Hope that hurts." Daryl says. Rositas walking around. "Look up." Nyla says but Dante just sits there refusing to move. "I said look up!" She kicks his leg and he looks up at them. "It doesn't matter. None of this matters."

Nyla looks at Dante confused. "Watch enough people get incinerated, devoured alive, you see how ridiculous it is getting attached to ourselves." Nyla looks over at Daryl, who's just grabbing a cigarette like always. "But knowing that sets you free." Nyla rolls her eyes. "That's what you're doing? Seeking us free?" She asks sarcastically. "If you learn that lesson, it'll only help you."

"What, so we can be more like you?" Daryl asks. "Accept the future" Nyla sighs and stands up fidgeting with her rings. Finally, Gabriel speaks up "Siddiq depended on you. Why put him through all that hell in the barn just to kill him months later? I- I can't see an ideology behind that." Dante looks at Gabriel then to Nyla "I liked Siddiq."

"Oh you liked him?" Dante stays silent for a few seconds. "He wasn't part of the plan. But he found out who I was, so I had no choice." Nyla scoffs and Carol says something. "What plan?" Dante looks to Carol "Encourage your paranoia about us...which will push you into bad decisions. Places like this are cruel promises to their people, and they crumble at the smallest nick." Dante stares at Daryl before looking at Gabriel. Nyla doesn't take her attention off of him. Not even for a second.

"Hell, I'm gonna enjoy watching you rip eachother apart over what to do with me. Just like with Negan." He whispers the last part. What went from Dante looking at Gabriel threatening them turned into Dante holding his face after Nyla punched him and he spit out blood. Carol was holding Nyla back. "So what you want a public reckoning? A chance to be heard?" She asks annoyed. "That's what you'll give me." Dantes voice is low. "We're not giving you shit."

"Nyla! Enough." Gabriel says. "We helped you, Dante." Nyla speaks up ignoring Gabriel's orders. "Why? Cause you wanted another doctor around for when Nyla wasn't? You got something from me, too. Don't pretend you didn't." Rosita says something in Spanish and Nyla looks at her confused. She knew Spanish but not alot.

"No one is actually kind. We are selfish." Dante says the words slowly. "We are brutal. Come on." He looks away from Nyla turning his attention back to Gabriel. "Even seeing all those heads on spikes didn't teach you what people are?" Nyla pulls her way out of Carol's grip and slams Dantes head into the bedframe, then she punches him.

Gabriel looks at her almost shocked. Aaron comes in confused and Nyla just rushes pass him breathing heavily. Why did he have to mention the pikes? Now that was all she could see. All she could see were the stupid fucking pikes. All she could see was Lila and Henry. How could she let herself loose another sibling after what happened to Lila and Henry? How could she just let Siddiq go?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I remember this passage from my studies. Written by a scholar centuries ago who was trying to understand the impossible." Gabriel spoke as everyone was standing infront of the grave. Siddiqs grave. Nyla was at the front, holding Ana close to her. "Let me live if life is better for me and take my life if death is better for me." He quotes.

Nyla knew it was most likely true. She knew it was for the better but she didn't want to just let it go. "He had surrendered himself to fate because his world defied logic. Defied justice." She hated having to stand there and listen, thinking that if she got there any sooner Siddiq would still be here. And she was right. She knew she was right. But what would Kelly think? What would Kelly think about Nyla being the cause of Siddiqs death? She doesn't even want to think about that right now.