'You're a hypocrite.' (Chapter 9)

                                                      ____________________________

I finally arrive at the boneyard and let out a sigh as I see the crowd of locals and tourons scattered all over the beach. I had slipped a shirt over my bikini top on my walk here to hide the obvious bruises littering my rib cage, but I had nothing to hide my beaten looking face. I nervously make my way towards the kegs, hoping I can grab a drink without one of the pogues seeing me. The last thing I want right now is to have to deal with the groups stupid concerns. I'm fine.

The sun softly sits just above the horizon, an eery calm washing over me compared to the violence of before. I need a drink before I get to stuck in my own head. As I make my way even closer to the kegs, I see my brother and Kie chatting beside it while JJ and some girl competitively chug their beers.

Shit, here we go.

I walk up behind Kie and John b and begin to pour myself a beer as I hear them talking about Sarah Cameron. The blonde gallops along the beach like she's never had a problem in her entire life. God, I hate rich people! She hadn't personally done anything to me, but I hate kooks. She's the Kook princess.

Kie turns around to see me right as I go to leave. She smiles and makes her way closer. "Hey girl, did you get everything from your mu-'' Her face instantly drops as she sees the bruises and cuts covering large portions of my face. "Sam, your face. I'm so sorry." She sighs with a sympathetic smile.

"It's fine, I'm use to it." I shrug like the dried blood glued to my face and the thumping in my head is non-existent. I can tell by the sadness in her eyes that she doesn't want to drop this subject. "Can we just talk about something else? We're at a kegger, lets get wasted!" I cheer holding my beer in front off us with a smirk. She finally decides to drop it and we begin to talk about our plans for the summer.

I'm already about three beers in when my brother and JJ finally quit flirting with tourons and join Kie and I. I had almost forgotten about my injuries until I heard JJ's booming voice. "What the hell?!" He roars causing my face to drop and my skin to run cold.

Shit.

"Jesus Sam! You said you'd be okay." John B joins JJ's yelling. I feel myself freeze as strangers turn to look at the commotion coming from our group.

"I knew we shouldn't have let you go to that house alone. Why didn't I go with you." JJ mumbles in anger and almost shame.

"I don't need a babysitter JJ!" I spit in anger and embarrassment over the scene they've caused. "I can deal with it myself."

"Obviously not!" John B whispers as Kie glares at him to stay quiet.

"If you could really deal with it yourself, you wouldn't have a split lip and a black eye!" JJ shouts in frustration.