'My little star' (Chapter 21)

_______________

_______________

This is in reference for later 

_____________

John B drops Pope and Kie home before driving the three of us back to the Chateau. As the car came to a stop, JB hops out of the Twinkie mumbling an incoherent sentence as he stumbled to his bedroom slamming the door behind him. I stare at the door ahead of me before JJ collapses on the soft grass staring up at the sky.

"What the hell are you doing?" I question looking down at the idiot lying on the floor.

"Come join me." He demands grabbing my hand and pulling me to lie on the ground with him. We lie I silence for a little while before his voice cuts through the night air.

"How do you think stars are made?" He asks, his brows draw together as he looks up at me. His question completely taking me off guard.

"I don't fucking know." I laugh as a shiver rolls through my spine, the cool summer breeze sending chills through my body. I turn towards JJ staring at his side profile, his deep blue eyes shining in the moonlight. My eyes roamed over his face taking in his prominent bone structure, a ghost of a smile rested on his lips as he stared into the night sky. "We both failed science remember." This makes him laugh.

"True, they're fascinating though. How they are thousands of miles away yet so bright we can see them." I nod along to his fact. "Some stars are so bright but burn out fast, while small stars can burn for hundreds of years." Jay spills facts as we both stare mesmerized by the beautiful night sky. "I like to think of you as the small stars." The last bit he mumbles quietly.

"I'm going to hope that's a compliment. What do you mean?" His eyes meet mine.

"Some people come into my life and burn out quickly, but you are the one person who shines brightly forever." He explains, his eyes not once leaving mine.