'Why'd you do it?' (Chapter 16)

_______________________

I am woken up from my stress induced nap by the sound of John bs raging bond-fire. I go reluctantly outside to see him putting out the massive flams in a rush, making me wonder what the fuck I've missed.

"Burning shit now, huh?" I question eying him carefully. "You're really acing the whole depressed rebellion teen thing." I joke as he continues to ignore me.

"Redfield. It was our great-great-grandmother." He states making me confused.

"Please don't tell me you're seeing dead people, because I can deal with a small dose of denial but not bat shit craziness." I say making him even more frustrated. He glares at me as I hold my hands up in defence. "Fine, chill out. I'll meet you in the Twinkie and we can pick up the others." That's when it hits me, JJ. I had been so stressed out about him storming off before that I had forced myself to sleep. What's going to happen? Is he made at me? Did he hate it? What the fuck is going on with us?

Johnny and I hop in the twinkie and he don't say a word, which is unusual for him. We haven't really spent time just the two of us in a while which makes me worried. I watch him carefully as he concentrates on driving.

"You can talk to me you know." I say sincerely catching his attention. "No matter what, I'll always be here." He glances in my direction with a sweet smile painted on his face.

"I know Sam. I'm fine, I promise." He shrugs. "I'll always be here for you too. Nothing could ever take me from my little sister." He laughs as he messes my hair.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Whatever, get your eyes on the road boff head." I laugh pulling out a joint. My brother immediately groans when I go to light it making me roll my eyes.

"Can't you go ten minutes without one of those?" He grumbles as I ignore him. "Come on, you're going to pick cannabis over family?" He mumbles with a dramatic sigh making me chuckle.

"Yep." I reply popping the P and taking a puff of the joint between my fingers.

"How hurtful Sam. I would pick you over anything or anyone." He states with a proud smile, I can't stop the loud laughter from leaving my lips.

"Oh, please." I groan before I realise that we are pulling up to Heyward's shop. My breathe hitches in my throat when I see a certain blonde and Pope waiting to the side. I haven't seen him since he stormed of after literally putting his tongue in my mouth. The two boys jump in the van, John b and Pope oblivious to the reason behind the blonde and I's silence.

Before I know it, we arrived at the wreck, Pope is quick to jump out the car in the direction of the restaurant. Two more minutes of awkward silence passes before Pope comes outside with a defeated look on his face.