'You want to know the truth, Sam?' (Chapter 18)

_____________

_____________

Kie and I quickly have showers and change into the clothes we are wearing to bed. I grab snacks and a pack of beers from the fridge before saying goodnight to my brother. Pope had decided to go home, leaving JB in his room and JJ on the sofa bed. When I re-enter my room I am welcomed by an excited looking Kie sitting patiently on the end of my bed.

"We haven't hung out just the two of us in forever!" She practically squeals grabbing a bag of chips from my hands. "There is so much to catch up on without the boy's prying ears."

"I know, it feels like forever since we have had a night full of girl talk and booze." I laugh holding up the back of beers and flask filled with stolen tequila. "I got a special treat for us two." I announce before grabbing a bag of weed from my dresser and holding it out for Kie to take.

"So...can you please tell me what the hell is going on between you and JJ?!" Making me freeze on the spot.

"Keep your voice down! Him and John B are right outside." I shush her frantically making her laugh. I light a joint to share between the two of us before she continues with

"But really, what is with you two? He's all 'she's my best friend and I love her' and you're all like 'I love him too.'" She mimics our voices making me chuckle. "And then all the sudden you guys are barley talking and avoiding each other like you have the plage."

"I don't know what to think Kie." I sigh loudly, taking a large huff our joint. "We might have, sort of, aggressively made out." I confess before she gasps over dramatically.

"Bitch, I fucking knew it! I knew he liked you, how'd it happen?" She basically screams making me shush her quickly.

"We were hanging out on the hammock and just ended up kissing, but then he freaked out! He jumped up, wouldn't look me in the eyes and things have been so weird, I just want to uhhhhhhh!" I groan into her shoulder as she listens closely and rubs my back.

"Wow. That's a lot to take in." She sighs in shock. "But one thing I know for sure is John B is going to kill him." She laughs stealing the joint from my hand. "I mean, you're the whole reason this no Pogue on Pogue macking rule exists."

"Don't pin that on me!" I am quick to defend myself.

"Oh please, as soon as you guys hit puberty and JJ realised you got boobs your brother was quick to enforce the strict rule." She explains with a laugh making me roll my eyes.

"Cause good forbid I have a sex life." I comment, annoyed by my brother stupidity.

"Like his rule ever left you sex deprived." She chuckles loudly. "So, what are you going to do about the JJ situation? Are you finally going to admit to yourself that you have feelings for him?" She says more seriously.