Chapter Five

Hwang Sarang

Sarang walked into the hallway of the school and those eyes that stared at her yesterday was waiting for her today. People glanced eye to eye at her and spoke of her beauty. It made her nervous but she told herself 'When I spend a week or two here, none of them will come to see me again.'

She stood before the door of her class and the teacher was already teaching. She apologised for coming late and walked to her seat beside Hyunjin and Saena. She cleaned her eyeglasses and began to copy the note the teacher was scribbling on the board.

The class was so silent and everyone was serious. Minseok, one of the popular kids in Yon was staring at Sarang, he took a piece of paper and wrote : why don't we have lunch together, Sarang.

He threw it on her head and she quickly turned around. She saw Minseok looking at her and he made a gesture for her to take it. She took it and read it, then she smiled and wrote him back a reply: I'm sorry but I usually have lunch together with my friends.

Minseok gritted his teeth and stared at the back of her head. Did she know who I am? Lim Minseok. Girls in this school are dying to have lunch with me and she's trying to turn me down. I don't blame her, she's new but still. Minseok sighed heavily and ran his hand through his brown hair. He must have lunch with her at any cost, she's so his type.

"Okay Class, have a nice day." The teacher walked out of the class and the class was once noisy again.

Hyunjin brought out a horror comic from his bag and started reading it.

Sarang stared at the cover of the comic and yelped. "Wait... Is that the latest volume?!"

Hyunjin looked at her, amazed. "Yes."

"I've been waiting for the latest volume, where did you get yours?"

He looked at the book and replied. "In the most popular library for comics in this town."

"Most popular library that's my favourite place!" Then she shook her head. "I told Mr Woo to keep it for me when it arrives, I don't think he'll give it to anyone."

"Well I don't think we go to the same library, because the library I go to is my favourite and they's always few or no people."

"What's the name of the man that runs the library you visit? Mr Woo?"

"I told you I don't like talking too much, then how do you expect me to ask a shop keeper his name?" He said, stiffly.

She nodded her head and then pasted the biggest brightest smile on her face. "Can I borrow your comic then? I promise to take care of it and I will pay you back in return!"

Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows and stared at her, before clearing his throat. "I don't borrow out things, especially things that don't belong to me. So if you want to stay out of trouble, stay away from me and don't talk to me again."

It came out so mean and rude but his face and his voice was soft and calm. Iseul who was listening to the two, held Sarang's arm. "You don't have to be mean to her, Hyunjin. When will you change?!" He ignored them and continued reading, Iseul smiled at Sarang. "Don't be upset about what he just said? We're here if you need anything!"

Sarang smiled at her. "Thank you Iseul."

Buyeon, Sejong and Lillian were in the class all this while but they were busy playing rock paper scissors and planning on going outings after school. They even forgot about Sarang and it was the best for her.

The Korean history teacher came in and the class begin. When his class was remaining twenty minutes, he told the students to get paper for a quick test. Everyone shouted displease and he laughed so loud.