Chapter Twenty Seven

Song for the chapter
Boca - dreamcather.

Hyunjin strode into his apartment casually, smiling at a childhood picture he begged Sarang to give him. He immediately stopped when he saw Choyeon sitting quietly at the parlour. He walked to the kitchen letting out an exasperated sigh. "You're the last person I want to deal with."

Choyeon got up and joined him at the kitchen. "Don't you feel anything?" Was the first thing she asked him.

Hyunjin took a sip of cold water from his refrigerator. "I don't feel anything other than the fact that you... I'm just so surprised. You were in love with me all this time during our friendship."

"Yes, and what problem do you have with that?"

Hyunjin dropped the bottle of water and scowled at her. "Everything. I'm in love with Sarang and that should be enough for you to stop your nonsense."

Choyeon was quite for a while before a tear ran down her cheek. "I thought I was someone special to you. I thought you loved me more than that... I thought you will run to my place when you found out I'm in love with you and leave Sarang but you're doing the opposite." Choyeon broke into tears. "You're so unbelievable."

Hyunjin kept the water back into the fridge and shook his head. "I'm sorry Han Choyeon but I, I don't have any feelings for you. I love someone else."

She continued crying out loud. "Just admit it, you hate me."

"Stop crying." Hyunjin warned.

She didn't stop crying, Hyunjin took her hand and caressed. He patted her back gently until she stopped sobbing. "Shhshh." You're still my close friend and I can't stand seeing you hurt.

"W-why can't you love me back?" she cried.

"I already love you as a friend, I can't do more than that. I have someone I love, I have a girlfriend. We can just keep our friendship." Hyunjin explained as he pulled away to avoid any further misunderstanding.

"I understand. I understand." Choyeon said softly.

She was silent for a while before he opened up. "Does your father still beat you, because you can't get first position?"

She nodded her head timidly. "He's an asshole."

Hyunjin chuckled. "Don't say that about your father."

"Whatever. Imagine how can a father beat his own daughter for getting a second position." She chuckled nastily. "He says I can't get admission into the university of Seoul but I swear I can. He's just horrible."

Hyunjin patted her head. "Don't worry, I'll allow you to get first position this time around."

"Really?" she asked surprised.

"Yeah, but only once."

"Thank you so much, I know you will." Choyeon said happily, she looked at the time and frown. "I have to go back home or else he'll kill me."

"Good night, take care."

"Can't you just walk me to the bus. Please, please." She pressed, until he agreed.

He locked the door and they left the house immediately, walking down the cold and lane street. Choyeon looked at Hyunjin and smiled. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For keeping our friendship." She replied.

After walking for a few meters away from his home, he spoke again. "I will always keep our friendship. I value friendship more than many things."