Chapter Seventeen

Hyunjin went into the store. He'd dress back into his sky blue shirt and joggers with his bag around his shoulder. He stared at the new watch Junho gave him before tossing it in his bag with a smile. He walked into the shop and didn't even look at Mr Woo or the girls gossiping and giggling about him. He never spoke to Mr Woo personally even though they knew each other for years in the store. He doesn't even greet the man even if he wanted to borrow the latest volume.

He stared at Sarang who was seriously knitting a cap. She was very focused because she didn't wanted to miss a knot or else she'll have to untie it and go again. She was dressed in a dark pink skirt and white shirt with a pink boyfriend-jacket to match. He sat beside her and kept his bag in his left. A bright smile appeared on her face when she saw him.

"Wang Hyunjin I was waiting for you. You didn't come early today, its 6: 36 pm. I was bored so I started knitting." Sarang said, happily.

"I want to ask you something, Sarang." Hyunjin said with his usual serious face.

Sarang stopped knitting and looked at him. "What's it?"

He stared at her for the longest time and took a deep breath. "Why do you look happy when we're together? I mean, it's not like I treat you good or I say nice things to you but you enjoy staying with me."

Sarang's smile grew. "I don't know, why I'm feeling happy when you're around but let me ask you. Do you feel happy when we're together?"

Hyunjin scratched his neck. "I'll be honest with you, I don't feel happy or sad when we're together, but I kind of feel relieved."

"That's good." Sarang went to the search bar in the dictionary of her head and checked for the meaning of relieved even though she knew. She couldn't be happy enough that Hyunjin felt relieved when he's around her.

The smile on her face didn't burge. "Thank you for being relieved around me."

"I'm the one supposed to thank you." He said, as he got up.

"Where to?" She asked immediately.

"I'm going to borrow the latest comic from Mr Woo." Hyunjin said. She bursted into laughter as she held the cap she was knitting in her left hand. "Why are you laughing? Did someone borrow it?"

"Of course, I did." She replied softly.

Hyunjin found his seat beside and looked at her with a sad face. He was trying to show her best charm so that she could say 'here, have it'. He pursed his lips out and blinked his eyes.

Sarang stared at him blankly before she smiled again. "Are you seriously trying to act cute right now? Hahaha. You're so unbelievable, I left the book at home."

"Bring it for me the next time we meet."

"Why? I didn't finish reading it. Did you remember the first day we met at school? I told you I'll do everything for you to borrow me your comic but you refused."

"I'm sorry." He said quickly.

Sarang looked at him in astonishment. Was I hearing things or Wang Hyunjin just apologised to me? How i wish the person that took our picture was recording this.. None of my friends at school would believe Hyunjin could apologise for something. Like he hardly speaks to people at school except Junho or Minho. Or maybe sometimes Choyeon because their families are close.

"You'll do whatever I say and I'll give you the book" Sarang replied.

Hyunjin leaned back in the cushion thinking. What if she ask me to do undo-able? I can't. Let me see whether she'll ask for simple things or she'll go far. "What do you want?"