Chapter Eighteen

Yojae

It was a very beautiful afternoon with everyone busy in town as usual. The sun shiny bright above in the sky, the birds flying above and chirping. Yojae was coming back from school and she received a message from her mother.

"I'll send some money to you. Buy some things for me on your way home. Organic tomatoes, garlic, ginger, red pepper, salt, teabags, one big bottle of chilli sauce and one bottle of goat milk."

She received an alert immediately she finished reading the text. "She knows how to stress someone. Jaegyong is sitting at home doing nothing, that punk." She cursed her little brother.

"Okay." She replied.

She took a cab and went to the super busy market, took a trolley and started shopping. She immediately received a call from Sarang and picked it. "Yo I'm in the super market, how's school?"

"School's good. Are you coming to the coffee shop today, not to work but to grab a cup of coffee and some side dish." Sarang's tiny voice came through the phone.

"Of course I will." Yojae replied.

"What are you shopping for us?"

Yojae chuckled. "Nothing much, just some groceries. I think my mom is making a pizza or something."

"Wow, tell her to keep mine for me. I'm making banana-coconut cake this after it will go with our coffee."

"Of course." Yojae replied happily and nudged her hand to grab the only chilli sauce that remained but unfortunately a hand from behind her grabbed the bottle.

"Hey I'll call you later." She quickly hang up and walked to the other side of the shop to see who the imbecile was.

She held her hands on her hips and stared at the man holding the bottle of chilli sauce and because he was backing her, she couldn't see his face.

She held her hips with both hands as if she'll start a duel. "You little punk, don't you have any manners? Give me the bottle of chilli, I was the first to hold it."

"And I first took it." He replied as he turned around to face her.

Their gaze met and Yojae felt a cold sweat ran down her spine. She prayed for the ground to open up and swallow her and she also felt glad seeing his face again.

She quickly turned around and hid her face with her right hand slightly embarrassed. Minho too was surprised, he never taught she'll run into him at a super market, not even to start a drama over one bottle of chilli sauce.

"You can keep the bottle, I'll buy another one." Yojae said and tried to walk away but Minho gribbed her hand.

She finally looked into his eyes and saw how serious he look. He let go of her hand and cleared his throat. "Are you avoiding me?"

Yojae faked a smile. "No, why would I avoid you. Nice to meet you, Wang Minho."

That earned a smirk on Minho's face. "You came here to claim your bottle of chilli sauce and when you saw its me you gave up on it."

"No its not like that." She replied.

Minho stared at her while she stared at the floor like a curious scientist. He studied how her soft hair fell and covered her forehead and her thick eyelashes were fixed on the ground.

He tilted his head and placed one of his hands in his trouser pocket. "How have you been?"

She looked up at him and smiled. "I've been doing well. What about you?"

"I don't think I'm fine." He replied.

"What happened?" Yojae asked with her big wary eyes.

"I couldn't sleep well, I've been thinking about what you told me the last time we met." Minho replied.